Plastic Surgery Thoughts

Options
CorgiWaddles
CorgiWaddles Posts: 81 Member
I was bored and got to thinking about something and that something happened to be plastic surgery as a result of being on YouTube and then getting sucked into the weird side of it. My thought was pretty simple and I wanted to know if anyone else on here kind of agreed.

I do not mind plastic surgery because everyone is different and has their own body and freedom to do with it (just my opinion :smiley: ) whatever they want BUT... While on the internet you seem to see two kinds of people who have gotten plastic surgery and I happen to adore one kind and here they are!

The kind that obviously has gotten A CRAP TON OF WORK DONE and denies EVER going under the knife at all....

wv3hie1iuofg.jpg

I believe she ^^^ Used to deny it. She's known as the human Barbie doll.

And then there is the type I absolutely love!

i136kaw8kkhz.jpg

Dolly Parton has always been open about her plastic surgery: "If I see something sagging, bagging and dragging, I’m going to nip it, tuck it, and suck it!"-Xfinity Entertainment Programmers (Fancast)

My thoughts... Wow... HA

What are some of your thoughts?

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    valeria lukyanova

337bd5d2ec48074d8c36b7d873fca754.png

Justin Jedlica
    8d6536ddcb59f7852a6f6862248fd159.png

It's whatever, I'm just adding to the thread. -shrug-
  • CorgiWaddles
    CorgiWaddles Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You know in a video those two absolutely hated each other? Again... I was on the dark side of YouTube...
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    sad, sad, sad
    people ugly on the inside who think surgery on the outside will make them better people

they turn into cartoon characters rather than someone who can be taken seriously

I agree with plastic surgery for reconstructions and for repairs of genetic defects like cleft pallet, but not for purely cosmetic reasons.
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I will comment on this. People should understand that cosmetic surgery is just that....surgery and there are dangers involved. I just lost someone very close to me from complications of plastic surgery. There are many factors involved and there are lots and lots of successful procedures but there is always a danger.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    Only surgery that I'd encourage appearance-wise is RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery.
    People with excess skin, burn victims, mothers that want the "snap" back due to self image, etc.

Other than that, I don't really have any say regarding the other surgeries that there are.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't care if people want to have surgeries like these, lie about it, tell the truth about it, whatever.

I *personally* don't want to have ANY elective surgery -- nothing that is not medically necessary.

More and more there seems to be a grey area. I've heard some people in these threads claiming you can get tummy tucks and such paid for if you get infections etc, from excess skin. I have lost almost 1/2 of my body weight and have some flabby areas but NOTHING that would warrant a medically necessary surgery therefore it's pretty hard for me to imagine someone finding a tummy tuck medically necessary after say, a pregnancy, or a loss of 30 lb. Then again, it's not my decision and not my body so I don't really care...but gotta admit I don't like the idea of my insurance company paying out for that for tons of people and raising my rates.

JMHO
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    To each his own. Free will.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    jrharper2 wrote: »
    I was bored and got to thinking about something and that something happened to be plastic surgery as a result of being on YouTube and then getting sucked into the weird side of it. My thought was pretty simple and I wanted to know if anyone else on here kind of agreed.

I do not mind plastic surgery because everyone is different and has their own body and freedom to do with it (just my opinion :smiley: ) whatever they want BUT... While on the internet you seem to see two kinds of people who have gotten plastic surgery and I happen to adore one kind and here they are!

The kind that obviously has gotten A CRAP TON OF WORK DONE and denies EVER going under the knife at all....

wv3hie1iuofg.jpg

I believe she ^^^ Used to deny it. She's known as the human Barbie doll.

And then there is the type I absolutely love!

i136kaw8kkhz.jpg

Dolly Parton has always been open about her plastic surgery: "If I see something sagging, bagging and dragging, I’m going to nip it, tuck it, and suck it!"-Xfinity Entertainment Programmers (Fancast)

My thoughts... Wow... HA

What are some of your thoughts?

why is someone required to be honest about it? it's not your business.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    JUST SAY NO!!! :no_mouth:
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    If people want to look like Michael Myers, that's their bizz

Not Jackson? D:
    THAT WAS MY DREAM!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I think there are some ethics issues here with some of the surgeons. But I guess if you got the money, then whatevs.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Do it if you want. Don't complain if you look like crap. I've had a few elective but needed surgeries done and to be done. I know my body isn't perfect and the surgery isn't going to make it perfect, but it does help with you know, skin issues, sagging boobs,etc...
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This looks sooooo natural and attractive..
    ozq5j06qwey1.jpg

me5sy3yqufcc.jpg
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give the girls a lift, but not badly enough to invest in surgery....just need a really good bra!!! LOL
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I always had questionable feelings about plastic surgery until my cousin had a tummy tuck. She told me, "Why be unhappy with your body if you don't have to be. You have to live in it every day." and it stuck. There are some things that working out just won't do much good for...
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I find plastic surgery to be fascinating. In my next life I would probably be a plastic surgeon, I watch alot of shows and docs on it. That said people go in saying I want to look like Jennifer Aniston and they don't take the time to do the proper research then they get sub par results at best that cost twice as much to fix if its even fixable. Then you have people with money like celebs that get so much work done that you cant even recognize them and now you pitty them every time you see them on screen...Prime examples Courtney Cox, Darell Hannah, John Travolta, Mickey Rourke...Its just sad.

If your already a pretty person and you just want one small tweak go for it but do your research. Dont go in there and say I want you to suck all this fat out of every crevice of my body and fix every imperfection and expect a miracle. You need to put in the real work yourself. Besides if you pay all that money for liposuction,you still have the same mentality, the same food habits so in 6 months your going to be out 10 grand and way more than you did when you first went in for surgery.
  • trish2016
    trish2016 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Some people go too far and then need to have the surgeons on the shows like Botched to fix them, plastic surgery really should be there for people who have had accidents and need it done or for those who feel they will be more confident with some work done for their self esteem.
    Too many people get work done and end up looking very un-natural and weird and you see girls with gigantic boobs that don't even fit their body shape or frame.
    Good plastic surgery should only improve on what you already have it should be subtle enough that people can't notice what you have had done unless you tell them but that you should look better.

Too many people feel peer pressure to look gorgeous and forever young and that is not reality what ever happened to keeping fit and eating a healthy diet?
    In some parts of the world if you aren't a size zero and look 10 years younger then you actually are you are not acceptable and will be called fat and ugly.
    People need to start being happy with who they are and the body and face they have and stop using plastic surgery as the answer to everything.
    Grow old naturally and gracefully.
  • madhu1981
    madhu1981 Posts: 4,829 Member
    Options
    its make your health ugly :)