Scared and Just Need to Vent a Little

Options
I know this is a weight loss and health site but I have no where else to talk about this right now and you're all wonderful!

I'm scared sh*tless...my husband and I decided to stop birth control this week. I'm terrified of both getting pregnant and about not getting pregnant. My other two pregnancies were so high risk and both the babies and I nearly died...and I was sick the entire 9 months....I don't know if I can handle going through those problems again. But I'm also worried that I won't be able to get pregnant....I haven't had a period in 3 years and I'm worried my PCOS is going to prevent me from having another baby.

There is also a little selfish part of me that is dreading having another baby...I recently lost about 130 pounds and I'm scared that I'll gain it all back if I get pregnant again. And, both my little ones are finally sleeping through the night...I don't know if my mental health can take sleepless nights again!

But I do love and miss holding a baby, nursing, and seeing them grow up.

I'm just so nervous! Ok..vent over :smile:

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If having another child is very important to you then I'm sure it will all be worth it, and that you will do you best to stay healthy during pregnancy for your own sake as well as the baby's. But if you are hesistant or not sure about having another baby yet (or ever) then you should put it off until you are definitely sure. Don't let family pressure or anything else force you into a pregnancy that you aren't ready for - its your body and you are allowed to make this decision on your own terms.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Its 2031...
    You are standing in the kitchen talking to your now 15 yr old son or daughter, and they ask you "Hey, remember how scared you were and you almost didn't have me?"
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My boys are in their 20's now, but I remember those pregnancy days. Aside from the stress and worries your previous pregnancies will happen again, my best recommendation would also be to talk with your OB about your weight gain worries. My OB' s were incredibly supportive and sometimes stern when necessary when my weight was even a half pound over my pregnancy target at any given visit. It was really helpful .... Just an idea. Best wishes in your decision :)
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    "There is also a little selfish part of me that is dreading having another baby...I recently lost about 130 pounds and I'm scared that I'll gain it all back if I get pregnant again. And, both my little ones are finally sleeping through the night...I don't know if my mental health can take sleepless nights again!"

I don't think there is anything selfish about feeling this way. It would be selfish to keep having children if you are not mentally and financially stable and ready. I debated on having a third. My second was born with some medical issues that will last a lifetime for her. It was enough for me to say no more. I would not have been able to handle another child with the same problems or worse. Now that they are both in college, I am REALLY glad I stopped! I want to help them as much as I can financially...Best wishes!!
  • CanadaEh1
    CanadaEh1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Can you speak with a high risk OB? I did and it put my mind at ease. Take care :)