Light and easy desert - jellied fruit

Options
There is a thread in weight loss asking for low cal deserts, which inspired me to share a an old favorite recipe.

I think everything is healthy in moderation. But for a light desert that feels like an actual desert, for me nothing beats homemade jellied fruit - delicious, looks good enough to serve to guests and anecdotally even aids digestion after bigger meals. And is sooo easy to make. Easy to fit in the day too, portion pictured below is around 80 cals.

Just mix a couple of cans of canned fruit in light syrup (peaches mixed with a red fruit is our favorite), heat up a bit, dissolve the necessary amount of powdered plain gelatine as per gelatine packaging, chop in any fresh fruit you fancy and pour in cups, refrigerate couple of hours, done.

We usually eat them out of the cups but I turned one for the pic. This looks super-special if you play around with "decorating" it a bit but fo a week-day desert, who bothers...

Note of caution - certain fruit like raw kiwis and raw pineapple don't jelly well, if at all.

4sq64zryo7xg.jpg