Cardiomyopathy

Options
Looking for those that have any form of cardiomyopathy. I have dilated cardiomyopathy and need to lose a bunch of weight. I know baby steps are the key, but I tend to get discouraged when I get out of breath after 5 minuets of working out. I am looking for weight loss buddies, add me if you are interested.

Replies

• lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy about a year and a half ago. About the same time I also found out I was diabetic and had high blood pressure. In addition to the meds that I take for the BP and heart disease, I made major lifestyle changes. I have lost a little over 80 pounds in that time frame and still have about 100 to lose. I am definitely NOT setting any speed records but slow and steady (for me) will win the race. My ejection fraction has improved from 30% to 60% in the last year and a half. My A1C is close to normal and my BP is normal. All of this stuff is in my bio. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    onederbaby I did some reading beyond WebMD.

Read the posts below by pennick that sounds hopeful.

forum.lowcarber.org/archive/index.php/t-365903.html

Kept in mind MD's today can be open or closed minded about different eating life styles. You will need to talk with yours and others for second opinions perhaps.

Clearly weight loss improved the ejection fraction in Linda's case noted above.

Google and read all you can.