Raw Oats in Protein Shake - No Blender?

Options
Does anyone here use oats in their protein shakes without blending them? I've never done it before but I'm thinking of trying it.

1. Do you just put it all into the shaker and drink it right then or do you prepare it the night before, store it in the fridge, and it's more like overnight oats by the next morning?

2. What all do you add to it and in what amount? I was thinking 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop protein, 1/2 cup oats. Also, do you grind the oats first?

3. How does it turn out (consistency, taste, etc)? Do you have to chug it to get it down or do you look forward to drinking it?

I'm NOT interested in how people use oats in their protein shakes using a blender. I got that part down.

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • 01divey
    01divey Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    if your using oats NOT blended, I personally soak them overnight in either purified water, or milk/almond milk to help break the oats down.
    I add whey, and then good to go.
    Oats are softened enough to go down without too much fuss,
    although a little lumpy for sure.

• TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I personally use these. They're a bit more expensive than normal oats but the convenience factor plus they're blended down finer than I can get them means they're a good buy for me.