Question about American Sniper...(spoiler alert)

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
edited January 2015 in Chit-Chat
What happened to the brother after we saw him getting on a plane with a shellshocked "eff this place"?

Considering the worrying for "little brother" that was something that kind of seemed left open. Maybe that was just his last tour and Chris had closure with him leaving though.

Replies

• the_jon
    the_jon Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked my sources, but I heard his brother killed Kim Jong Un.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I took it as more of showing just how shell-shocked one can become after serving in a place like that. Here he was seeing his older brother on the tarmac and can hardly enjoy it because of how far gone his mind is from normality. That's just this redneck's opinion and is not to be taken as fact. Good discussion question!
  • the_jon
    Options
    Another thing. The plastic baby. Did she not really have a baby, and juse used it as a ruse to keep him around? i'm so confused by all the open ends.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    What a terrible movie, just another "USA is number 1!!!" Garbage....
  • 530roman
    Options
    the_jon wrote: »
    Another thing. The plastic baby. Did she not really have a baby, and juse used it as a ruse to keep him around? i'm so confused by all the open ends.

Worst part of that movie. It was still pretty amazing though.
  • the_jon
    Options

What are you? Some kind of commie?
  • Escloflowne
    Options

What are you? Some kind of commie?

Just saying we get it, all the other countries on the planet understand that you guys THINK you're cool but we see insecurity in it...

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options

It's about an actual person based on actual events. Just because it has to do with someone in our military doesn't mean they're spouting off how awesome we are.

I have not seen the movie yet because my love isn't ready to watch anything like that. I may rent it and watch it alone eventually but from what I've heard it isn't something that is completely on with what happened over seas (or at least that's what some of his Marine buddies have been saying).
  • the_jon
    Options
    3mjjg18.gif
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Violence is bad.
  • 530roman
    Options
    20008260.jpg
  • the_jon
    Options
    Violence is bad.

That's just an opinion.

• ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm well convinced that Clint Eastwood only does movies to as an outlet for all his racist thoughts. Seriously, name one Clint Eastwood movie in the last 15 years that didn't have some racial slurs, sexism and bigotry in it. Can't be done.
    American Sniper was a cool flick though
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
  • the_jon
    Options
    I'm well convinced that Clint Eastwood only does movies to as an outlet for all his racist thoughts. Seriously, name one Clint Eastwood movie in the last 15 years that didn't have some racial slurs, sexism and bigotry in it. Can't be done.

He was friends with black people in Gran Torino. So your arguement is invalid.
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    side note, why does MFP hate margins so much? Can't put them anywhere!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

so being friends with black people makes someone not racist?
  • javafate
    javafate Posts: 98 Member
    Options

did you see the movie? If anything it's closer to anti-war
  • the_jon
    Options
    Me, everytime I watch a clint eastwood movie.

5KGgu.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Options

Weren't they Asian?