The scale is not moving..what am I doing wrong?

Options
I'm getting discouraged and frustrated. I'm eating between 1,200-1,600 calories a day since I was told I have eat back my work out calories. I do one hour of Zumba 7 times a week and strength train 3 times a week. Sometimes I put an extra couple of hours of cardio when possible. My fitness pal says at this rate, I should drop 8.5 lbs by June 8th, but I don't see it happening :(
I don't feel tired or fatigued, but I started resting 1 day since last week. Well it's been almost 1 month and I don't see any progress and I don't see the scale going down. I just notice more muscles in my legs, but I still have to work on my inner thighs. Any suggestions? Any exercises that can help? Thanks :)

Replies

• debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to eat back the exercise calories? If I did that, I'm 54, I never would have lost much. I was that way even when I was younger.

I haven't been losing a lot lately but getting more muscle, my clothes fit better, but exercise is the only thing that keeps me from stalling for long.
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I would only eat back some of your exercise calories if I were you. Unless you're using an HRM or something to that effect to determine your calories burned, there will be a large margin of error. That combined with potential inaccuracies in calorie counting from food labels/slightly off portion sizes could add up to a few hundred calories. Other people may tell you differently, but that's my two cents.
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat so start getting measurements and body fat% do not go by the scales looking at your pic you look really lean muscle and toned body weighs more and looks better than skin and bones. You are close to your natural body weight for your frame
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    if you are using MFP estimates as opposed to a hrm, you are getting way too high counts for exercise calories (could say double the actual burn). If you are using a hrm, take off 10% to be safe. And i quick-add 50-75 calories to every day to account for mismeasuring and such...

also, if you are exercising that much, you might be getting too few calories, and they might not be partitioned correctly (try for >35%Protein; >35%Carb, <25% fat).