I need your help with calorie numbers

Options
I'm currently doing intermittent fasting. 1550 calories on up days and 500 ish on down days, and losing pretty steadily.
I want to see if I can eat "normally" everyday and still lose the weight. I've been to all the calculators and some give me this number, others give me another minus whatever %.
I was hoping y'all could give me a rough estimate on what my daily calorie should be to lose this last 5 kgs (10ish lbs)

My stats are: F. 5"8. 141lbs. No exercise. My goal weight is 132lbs

Many thanks, your help is muchly appreciated

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How much do you lose per week on average? How many up days and down days?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I've lost 24lbs in 3mths. I average four down days and 3 up days per week.

• beechd94
    beechd94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    Couldn't give you the number myself as I don't know your age. Eat 200-500 calories less than your maintenance.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Have you considered setting your calories to maintenance for your goal weight? I've seen some on my feed having success with this when they are down close to goal.

I set my cals using this site and so far so good: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ It looks like 1389 calories for you to lose .7 lb/week. But that's without exercise.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Sorry sorry I'm 42
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my maintenance is 1620 calories per day
  • Bugsgettingfit
    Bugsgettingfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Check out http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/. It's easy to use, and it helps! I set mine at 0 exercise, 45%,20%, 35% for carbs, fat, and protein. I use the bmi as my goal caloric intake each day. That way, any calories I burn, I'm allowed to eat back! Good luck, I hope that helps.
  • psuLemon
    edited January 2015
    Options

Wow that is low.. that is on average 950 calories per day, and with 2 lbs per week, your TDEE is about 1950 calories. Take 20% of that, and that is what daily goal should be.

BTW for the math because I am a geek:

((500*4)+(1550*3))/7 = 950

(24/3)=8 lbs a month

8 lbs = ~1000 calorie deficit.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I've been to the scooby site and it gave me 1386 calories to lose 1kg (2.2lbs) a week. I'm thinking that may be a bit steep.
    I just don't trust my own calculations, which is why I need your backup :#
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

ETA - for some reason your numbers disappeared. IIFYM suggests 1376 calories.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    There is no reason to use any of the calculators.. they are all estimate. But as long as you are accurate with your logging, you can figure out your current actual TDEE as demonstrated above..
  • Christine_72
    Options

Wow that is low.. that is on average 950 calories per day, and with 2 lbs per week, your TDEE is about 1950 calories. Take 20% of that, and that is what daily goal should be.

(24/3)=8 lbs a month

Yeah it is low, something I don't want to maintain for too much longer. Plus it's driving my hubby nutso trying to coordinate our meals etc
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You're close enough to the end game that your own experience will be more relevant than the generalized numbers produced by calculators. As a start, you can just go with your current daily average ( (4*500 + 3*1550)/7 ). See how it goes, and adjust based on results.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing to do, and I'm surprised no one mentioned, is to add up all your average intakes. So 4*500 plus 3*1550, then divide by seven. This gives you your average. Or just look at your average week intake on the app. If you want to lose slower just add a hundred every week or two until you get to a rate of loss you are happy with. Assuming these are all net intakes then you can just add exercise calories on top when you do exercise. All the calculators will be an estimate anyway so might as well just adjust from your current numbers!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Excellent. Thanks for your help. I think I'm too zoned in on the the calculator numbers, and not 100% trusting them. I put much more stock into what you guys here say
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to use any of the calculators.. they are all estimate. But as long as you are accurate with your logging, you can figure out your current actual TDEE as demonstrated above..
    So she should figure out her TDEE and eat below it. Which is exactly what those calculators will tell her.

• psuLemon
    Options

(24/3)=8 lbs a month

Yeah it is low, something I don't want to maintain for too much longer. Plus it's driving my hubby nutso trying to coordinate our meals etc

Personally, I would eat around 1600 calories or so. Make macros around 40% carbs, 30% fats and 30% proteins. And expect to gain a few lbs of water weight. The overall increase in calories will also increase carbs which will replenish glycogen.

• psuLemon
    Options
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    So she should figure out her TDEE and eat below it. Which is exactly what those calculators will tell her.

I have provided her with an actual TDEE based on actual results to date which is greater than an online calculator which is an estimate of her TDEE which doesn't include all the variables.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    sgthaggard wrote: »

No, the calculators will not tell her her TDEE, they will guess at her TDEE.

Her logging and weight loss will tell her her TDEE.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    With 9lbs to go - 1kg per week is too much. At your weight you're better off aiming for a gradual loss of 0.5 or .25 lbs per week.