5"3 130 lbs looking to lose 15

Options
add me! I need supporters!

Replies

• thisgirl17
    thisgirl17 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here I'm also 5"3 and 130pounds!! Add me:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'm 5'4" and 130 is my goal. Not the same, ha.
  • diannehing7
    diannehing7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lol the struggle is the same I'm Surrey. Every pound is a battle!
  • astanini
    Options
    I am also short & 130lb - trying to lose 15lbs and keep it off! This is my 2nd week on diet & exercise and so far lost 3.9lbs. Just hoping it stays off! My problem is I like to eat...ALOT
  • writebreona
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I weigh 130something! I wanna lose about 20lbs! My main weaknesses are carbohydrates! I love bread and sugar!!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Can I ask you ladies a question since I stumbled in here? Most of you are saying you're 130 and want to lose 15 pounds. I'm 138 (started at 163) and I can't imagine being less than 130. Like to me, that would be way thin enough for me. Does it not feel thin to you?
  • duna_pruna
    duna_pruna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I understand. The thing is, you don't get taken seriously bc you weight loss needs are so low. It took me 1.5 years to drop that last 15 lbs. i lost it all in body fat but wow it's tough! Keep at it and it will come off eventually. I am 5'4" and was 143 and at last I am 128 again. This was my pre baby weight and body fat level. It's hard but yiu can do it!
  • mckennasihde
    mckennasihde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2'' and I started at 136. I am currently 120. I'm trying to lose just 5 more pounds-- but it's proving to be difficult. I've been dipping below to 119, and I just jump right back up. But I just can't seem to get all the way there.
    Ardita-- I don't feel super skinny. I feel thinner and lighter than ever. But I don't feel too thin. I'm currently working on toning myself up! Feel free to add me whoever wants to!
  • Penny5518
    Penny5518 Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5"3 125lbs at the moment and while I don't feel chubby, I definitely still have some unnecessary fat on my hips and thighs. I start to feel thin at under 120 and under 110 starts to look too small on me. I'm aiming to maintain at 117-119ish.
  • dawn_michelle
    dawn_michelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 130 lbs. when I'd reached my maximum weight of 155lbs I joined and over the last couple years I'd lost 35 lbs. unfortunately, over the last year I've gained back 10 lbs that I would like to lose again. I definitely wasn't too thin, and even then I wanted to lose more body fat. Just remember that weight isn't everything! I have been eating better (trying to) and exercising almost daily for the last month and my weight has stayed exactly the same, to the decimal! My body is starting to look and feel different though... When you gain muscle whilst shedding fat, you may even gain weight but still get slimmer!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Can I ask you ladies a question since I stumbled in here? Most of you are saying you're 130 and want to lose 15 pounds. I'm 138 (started at 163) and I can't imagine being less than 130. Like to me, that would be way thin enough for me. Does it not feel thin to you?

My waist is 37". I am 136 and 5' 3" and have a small frame to boot.

So no, it does not look thin and I do not feel thin at 130.

What is your waist measurement at 138?

• arditarose
    Options

I, I see. I'm an inch taller than you which isn't much but my waist measures 27 inches at the natural waist, above belly button. I guess body composition comes into play. Also if you girls have been smaller than 130 for a lot of your life. I've never weighed less than 155. Even in middle school.
  • SwankyTomato
    Options

I, I see. I'm an inch taller than you which isn't much but my waist measures 27 inches at the natural waist, above belly button. I guess body composition comes into play. Also if you girls have been smaller than 130 for a lot of your life. I've never weighed less than 155. Even in middle school.

That is my belly button measurement. I have GUT, a big one. I have never been above 145, even when pregnant and I am 50 next month.

I LOOK like I weigh 150 and am pregnant at 136. It sucks.

• diannehing7
    diannehing7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I do not feel thin or look thin at 130 even when I went down to 122 I wasn't happy with the extra fat. I thought my goal was 120 until I got close to it. The hardest part is dipping below 120 for me. This is my second time trying.
  • LTee83
    LTee83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and 123. I've been struggling to lose for a long time. My problem is I carry a lot of weight in my face. Please add me. I need more friends my size!
  • transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 135. Looking to lose 10 lbs. The lightest I was during my adult years was 125 and I felt pretty good. Anything more than 135 and I feel too heavy, mainly because of my small frame.
  • transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    duna_pruna wrote: »
    I understand. The thing is, you don't get taken seriously bc you weight loss needs are so low. It took me 1.5 years to drop that last 15 lbs. i lost it all in body fat but wow it's tough! Keep at it and it will come off eventually. I am 5'4" and was 143 and at last I am 128 again. This was my pre baby weight and body fat level. It's hard but yiu can do it!

Ugh, I know! When I tell people I want to lose 10 lbs they give me blank stares, especially those who have 20+ lbs to lose and are very overweight.

I feel like having a group like this is good because we're all in the same boat - relatively healthy but just want to get down to our ideal weights. At 5'3" with a small frame, I can go as low as 114lbs and still be within a healthy BMI.

Body fat percentage also has a lot to do with it. I had my BF measured and was told that I'm astonishingly high for my age and sex. Therefore, although I'm not technically considered overweight at 135 lbs, I look much heavier as my BF is at 36%. If it was at a healthy 25%, I probably wouldn't look as heavy.

Lots of things come to play here.
  • SwankyTomato
    Options
    Ok gals, I am glad we are in good company. :)
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

I understand what you are saying here. I am currently 5'1.5" and186lbs and my goal is to be 150 (the smallest I have ever been since like 12 years old). I have a VERY big frame when it comes to my shoulders and even when I was in high school at 155 I looked like I was going to fall over and my mom kept telling me I looked too thin. It all really depends on how you feel in your own body; if you feel too thin or think you look too thin then stay at a weight you are comfortable with. Cause in the end, it is you who has to live in your body.
  • deedeeandboo
    Options
    Perfect place for those of us who are short! I am 5'1" and currently weigh 124. I carry my extra weight in the worst place--my stomach! Keeping track of my food, exercise, water, and sleep is helping to hold me accountable. My best weight is between 115 and 120.