Places to buy plus size workout clothing

Any recommendations for brands or stores for affordable items?

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Old navy is quite affordable, online store has plus active wear
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    What size are you? I started at a 24W/2-3X and my favorite places were Old Navy (they carry up to 2X in store, and stretch pants are forgiving. (I probably squeezed into some that I shouldn't have) and Shop Ko. Both places tend to run $20-$30 for pants and $15-$20 for tops, but also have great sales. Check back for a few weeks until the item/s you want are marked down.

Walmart also has a Danskin line that runs into plus sizes. It's a bit hit or miss (always try on to make sure you like the fit) but the pieces that I did end up buying, I love. Pants run $10-$15 and tops $8-$10. You can always stock up on el-cheapo sweats at Walmart, too. From the men's department, sweat pants and tshirts can be as cheap as $6.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    I'm an 18W and I like Danskin for bottoms (typically bike shorts or yoga pants), Moving Comfort for bras, generic t-shirts, and new balance shoes.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Old Navy and Target.

Athleta goes up to size 16, I believe, but based on the cost I'd probably not buy there if I wasn't planning in being in the size for awhile.
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Old Navy's website seems to always be having sales and their active wear is pretty cute :smile: It's worth subscribing to their email notifications to be alerted to sales and discounts. I believe they give you an extra discount if it's your first time ordering from them. I've had some great luck picking up jeans for $15 as I've been losing. Affordable and well made
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    I think I am an 18W at the moment and 5'8" in height. Ideally I want lighter fabrics that keep me cool and dry. I get warm quickly when working out.

I am going to check out Old Navy, Walmart and Target. Thanks everyone!!!
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    I'd recommend Walmart for affordable gym clothes. I've got a bunch of different tops and bottoms from there. I noticed, my area, they actually have a better selection of pretty sports bras for plus size girls, the smaller sizes are rare and boring.
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Yeah some overtime I worked just showed up on my paycheck: SHOPPING :D