Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I bought a new phone just for Zombies, Run! I am here to tell you that I spent $200 for this app. And I consider it worth every penny.
  • allimcc912
    allimcc912 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zombies, Run! It's the reason for why I was able to sustain my interest in running beyond a couple of tries. I don't even use it that much anymore, but I'm still running because I like it! :smile:
  • bevhillsilly
    bevhillsilly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love it but I have a terrible time with the playlist feature. My songs just disappear one by one...maybe its the cloud? my phone? but its really irritating and I can't figure out how to stop it.
  • Gatlen
    Gatlen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Big fan. When I was getting back into running it helped keep my interest on a few of my longer boring runs. It's a little wonky with playlists as stated above but to be honest, I normally run without music anyway so it's not a deal breaker. When you do have music playing, occasionally you can't hear the people talking to you or the zombie sounds..

So, runner 5 signing off. See you out there.
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Worth it. Just don't do it at night. I nearly had a heart attack when the motorcycle scene started up and I was on a country path.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    The idea doesn't remotely inspire me, but lots of people rave about it as an entry route to running. If its your thing, then use it.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love it! I even have Runner 5 gear :D It's the main reason I got into the habit of running instead of sitting on my duff.

This is how I keep running fun and something I love to do. I love that the app is interactive and gives you that fun little reward of building your base, and that there are soooooo many episodes for so little money per set of episodes.

If the people who make Zombies, Run! ever have a booth at a comicon close to me, I will be there decked out as a female runner - I want to meet the people who turned me into a Runner!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Can you use the app on a treadmill? I love the idea of this app, but the northeastern US isn't exactly outdoor running friendly this time of year. Otherwise I'll just have to wait for spring. :(
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can definitely use it on a treadmill! Just no zombie chases or GPS tracking. I've been using it on the treadmill for the past few weeks, since winter running in Canada isn't very pleasant.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I want to try it-but it says it's better with music.
    Anybody know how to sync like your Spotify music with the app or do you have to download music separately?
  • gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    love it. It can now support exteranl music, i just throw pandora on and it works fine. I started with the C25K one and now do the full one.
  • cactusscraps
    cactusscraps Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love the app, only reason I'll even run. I hate running.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Love it!

It's basically a story with the music on your phone interspersed during the episode to make it last either 30 or 60 minutes. I originally bought the regular running app a couple of years ago. I got to the end of season one and didn't check back. There have been additional episodes added since then, of course. I had to take a few months off from running and thought it would be fun to try the Zombies 5K app when I started back up. It was. Once I finished with that, I started back over with season one.

I haven't had any problems with my playlists on either my Galaxy 2, 4 or 5. You do need to have the music downloaded on your phone or its SD card. You also need to set up a specific playlist in the regular Music app and then choose that playlist within the Zombies app.

I just finished all of the episodes that were included with my original purchase (season one and the first 6 episodes of season 2). I'll be buying the full subscription to unlock all of the other episodes before my next run to get all the rest of season two and season three. It's completely worth it to me.
  • rodriuezbl
    rodriuezbl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds really cool!
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT. I started as a 100% non-runner (like, seriously, I hadn't run probably since I was last forced to in PE in high school) with the Zombies, Run C25k program. Finished that, then finished Season 1 of the regular app, now over halfway done with Season 2.

I love being Runner 5! <3
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Zombies, Run! is what got me into running. Now I'm training for a half marathon in March.

You won't regret it.

The only thing, as others have said, is when you have music playing in the background from Pandora or Spotify or whatever, it'll sometimes be hard to hear the story, so you'll have to manually pause your music. I have special headphones where I can control the music with a click, so it's not a big deal.
  • gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The only thing, as others have said, is when you have music playing in the background from Pandora or Spotify or whatever, it'll sometimes be hard to hear the story, so you'll have to manually pause your music. I have special headphones where I can control the music with a click, so it's not a big deal.

Do you have exteranl music player turned on in the options? I do on my android and it pauses Pandora or anything else I have running for the story parts, no need to manually click anything.
  • chelciebrown07
    chelciebrown07 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies, Run! Sadly I had to stop using it because I bought a smartwatch with Tizen and they don't have the app available on wearables yet. :(
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I went out to the company's site just now. . .I did NOT know this - they have a new app called Walk. This one works with your GPS. Check it out!

https://www.thewalkgame.com/