Home workout routines

Options
Is there any at home routines that people can share? Need new ideas please and thank you :)

Replies

• mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I use tribesports.com and just do weekly challenges. Depends on what type of body that you want though, lean and mean, muscle machine, or somewhere in between. I used to body build and I'm still into it, but my main focus is calisthenics (goal is to do muscle ups and human flags :smile: ). If your more into the pumping iron then look at bodybuilding.com. Personally, I believe in doing cardio even though a lot of body builders look down on it, but 5 minutes of continuous fast to moderate paced jump rope can put many of people to shame. In short, I like a lean and mean figure for myself more than a muscle machine one, but that's all up to you on what you prefer. This is all my opinion, but I hope that you can find something from it! :smiley:
  • isa474
    isa474 Posts: 47 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    2020abworkout.com has a great home exercise
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This is the current one I'm doing:

http://tribesports.com/workouts/the-core-workout

If I had more room I'd add in jump rope exercise, but for right now since I use my bedroom. So, I have an 8lb medicine ball that I put in front of me then, as fast as I can for a set amount of minutes, I take one foot at a time and tap the medicine ball with my foot/toes. This is great for building up a sweat and improving not only your respiratory health, but your agility and tones your body. I use a balance ball for all my ab workouts to add more intensity to them since I already have a good set of core muscles.

Also, my advice is to find your weakness, what muscle group(s) are the hardest for you to exercise in? For me, its my arms/traps. My pecs are good along with my smaller spinal muscles. My legs/glutes are excellent and my abs are about average to good. So, I try to focus more on my upper body to even out my lower body strength; however, it is important to workout every part of your body unless you're muscle sculpturing your body.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I started off with Leslie Sansone walking and Crunch Pick Your Spot Pilates. Leslie has a ton of videos on youtube ranging from 1 mile walks to 5 mile walks and it isn't just walking. She adds other exercises into it so that you aren't just working out your lower half of the body. She also has a meter on the videos to tell you when you have hit the mile marks. Crunch pilates is also on youtube but in segments. Seems like you aren't doing much when you do them, but you definitely feel it the next day.