Feeling unmotivated

With everything going on at college and in my life, I've really been struggling with eating right and sleeping. I haven't been logging. I've been eating crap because it's been more convenient. I go grocery shopping but can't think of healthy foods that are interesting. I just need to get back on the wagon.

Replies

• vickierivero1
    vickierivero1 Posts: 46 Member
    Noooo. Don't feel discouraged. I got like this the other day. Then I had to set my mind to it and go to the store and buy only clean foods. Its easy to just grab a honeybun because it is way quicker but I decided not to keep any of it around me. Yogurt, special K bars, Protein rich foods and lots of fruits and veggies. Oh and water water water! I looked at before and after pics on tumblr and peoples youtube videos and it really encouraged me a lot. We can do this. Its all mental. Set your mind to it. Be positive.
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Patience and Perseverance - When I was in the military, I had to eat field rations. There was a particularly heinous meal that included a dehydrated pork pattie - really, it was awful. After getting this meal several times, I began to experiment with preparation -by the time I left the military, I knew exactly how to prepare it and found it to be very good. Moral - as you change your habits, your tastes will adapt -you can experiment to find foods that you will like equally that are healthy - I now really like celery with laughing cow cream cheese (less than 50 calories) and I know how to make a frozen pineapple protein smoothie. It just takes Patience and Perseverance to adapt - good luck and keep on trying. Remember - you don't have to start over if you never quit!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    With everything going on at college and in my life, I've really been struggling with eating right and sleeping. I haven't been logging. I've been eating crap because it's been more convenient. I go grocery shopping but can't think of healthy foods that are interesting. I just need to get back on the wagon.

What is your goal?
    What foods do you like or find interesting? What food do you consider crap?

I'd say you do not have to change your diet dramatically to make a healthy change. Start with small changes like logging consistantly whatever you eat, eating one more serving of fruits or vegetables each day or making sure you get enough protein. Make changes gradually.