How often do you doubt....

I'm having one of those "what the hell am I torturing myself for?" days. How often do others have days like that? Why can't I just be happy in my own skin? Why can't I just believe I look fabulous? Why can't I just accept that my body is included in that line "All bodies are beautiful?"

I've been trying to keep track of my calorie count, but I've yet to actually do any extra exercising, beyond the insanity at work. The best time for me to do it is when I get home in the morning (I work night shift as a CNA), but my feet are screaming at this point and all I want to do is get off of them. Sometimes I'm awake enough to make my little omelet, other times I'm not, but after I sleep for a couple of hours it's time to grab my daughter from the bus stop and trying to work out with a 7 year old and a Jack Russel Terrier underfoot just isn't happening.

How do you keep motivated to do your workout?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    After it becomes part of your regular daily routine it becomes easier.
    Figure out a way to fit it into your day, like everyday before work give yourself an extra 30 mins to workout. At first it sucks. But after a while, it just becomes part of your day. Then it isn't so bad.
    As far as feeling good about yourself like you mentioned in your first paragraph, that takes time. After you start to see results, you'll start to feel better
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    edited January 2015
    As a CNA I'm sure you are getting plenty of exercise just getting through your day so I can understand why you wouldn't want to do anything too strenuous - but some yoga would probably do wonders for you :) Try to fit it in just before work or after ( or both, if you like)
  • livb528
    livb528 Posts: 55 Member
    I agree that it's so hard with littles. I have 3 (4.5, 3, and 9 months) and I am trying to squeeze exercising in when my husband does bath time. It stinks to have to do it later at night when I'm more tired but otherwise it won't get done. Do you have anyone who can support you like that? Or else just really trying to do it as soon as you get home from work although I worked as a CNA for 3 years and know what it's like! It is a very physical job and the couple of night shifts I worked were brutal for me. But think of it as having some "me time" for yourself, too, and just find a way to do it!
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    I hope you have great cushioned shoes for work. I only have one child but when he was little I would cycle in the summer with a trailer behind so he could sit and I could exercise.