How long before the diet aspect gets easier...

Options
nighttime is the worst for me. I exercise but have a sweet tooth. I'm just wondering when the late night cravings will subside?

Replies

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    They may not. My solution is to work a late-night treat into my alloted calories. Tonight I had a fiber one brownie and I still get to have a hot chocolate :smiley:
  • nellielovescupcakes
    Options
    I have heard really good things about the fiber one brownies, need to check those out. I'm hoping that I'm eating out of boredom and not hunger...
  • AlexandraKranen
    Options
    Try a spoonful of peanut butter! It'll satisfy your sweet tooth and it holds hunger to help you sleep
  • nellielovescupcakes
    Options
    Great suggestion, thank you!
  • multiflower1234
    multiflower1234 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    so im just starting out nice to see a community of people trying to get fit. right now dieting is very hard for me but im honestly trying my best but i cant seem to get bread out of my diet
  • nellielovescupcakes
    Options
    It is very hard but I'm hoping that the first few days are the worst and it will even out. There was nothing I loved more than bread but I cut it out of my diet a few years back. I indulge every so often but I don't crave it? I'm hoping you get there too!
  • AlexandraKranen
    Options
    One thing to ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM "FRUCTOSE" get used to reading all of your labels! Bleached wheat flour, gum, and of course the infamous "anything you can't pronounce" careful everyone. Everything isn't as "healthy" as they lead on. At the least ALWAYS check for fructose BIG NONO
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    One thing to ALWAYS STAY AWAY FROM "FRUCTOSE" get used to reading all of your labels! Bleached wheat flour, gum, and of course the infamous "anything you can't pronounce" careful everyone. Everything isn't as "healthy" as they lead on. At the least ALWAYS check for fructose BIG NONO

I totally disagree with this. Not to say that some food isn't healthier than others, but if you are trying to lose weight I firmly believe that the best route is to learn to accurately count calories and eat at a deficit. I'm doing just fine with a bit of fructose and bleached wheat flour, thanks.

OP if you need some extra support or want a pal along the way, feel free to friend me. I am a pretty "normal" eater, I don't cut out any specific foods or have a lot of rules for myself, but I've had some success along the way.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Pretty much never. Sorry.
  • nellielovescupcakes
    Options
    Thanks for both suggestions! I have a sweet tooth so I know staying away from all fructose will be challenging. I am aiming to clean up my diet so I appreciate all the feedback!!
  • PeterPortofino
    Options
    I have cravings for chocolate and have a sweet tooth, but if I indulge i'll only have a small amount. eg 1-2 small block of chocolate or a mouthful of chocolate milk every day or 2nd day. It seems to be working for me. I just bought organic raw cacou powder and am making a hot choc drink out of that when I get cravings because it probably has a lot of calories but it's supposed to be a super food and very healthy so at least it won't harm the body.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

doh !!! I have been doing it wrong this whole time I guess. I eat a banana or two almost daily, usually as a sweet snack. Guess I should have read the label closer.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »

doh !!! I have been doing it wrong this whole time I guess. I eat a banana or two almost daily, usually as a sweet snack. Guess I should have read the label closer.

Lol :lol: Right? Fructose is nearly unavoidable in a healthy balanced eating. Crazy fad diets that demonize a certain food group are always crap.
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    so im just starting out nice to see a community of people trying to get fit. right now dieting is very hard for me but im honestly trying my best but i cant seem to get bread out of my diet

Cook double the night before and eat the leftovers for lunch. I usually cook roasted vegetables, steam some brocolli and peas/corn and grill some lean chicken or pork - cut the chicken breasts or pork in half or quarter so it's only a small portion (because I dont need many calories and a full chicken breast is like 4x times too many for me) and reheat for lunch. I haven't had bread in weeks (besides a sandwich maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks) because my lunch is prepared the night before. :)

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    It's just another behavior (habit) that you can certainly be proactive to change.

I had gotten into the habit of having chocolate with my evening cup of tea after dinner for YEARS. When there wasn't chocolate I ate chips. When there wasn't chips I had a cookies. It just became an odd habit & when I didn't have a snack I felt out of sync.

SO initially I swapped out milk chocolate for dark chocolate. Then I swapped that out to dark chocolate covered almonds. THEN I swapped that out to dark cocoa dusted almonds.

Simultaneously, I also eat my dinner later - leaving less time before bed to snack.

I literally PILE on the veggies & lean protein at dinner so that I'm satisfied enough after a large cup of tea where snacking is not on my mind at all.

In the beginning I also brushed my teeth immediately after dinner because NOTHING tastes good after Listerine. LOL

And after a couple of months of what seems like silly little head games I'm playing I no longer had that urge that I HAVE-to-HAVE a snack after dinner any more.

Every now & again if I do, my current go-to healthier go to snack is PB on a whole grain waffle. Sounds weird I know but OH-SO satisfying.

Good luck!
  • Rampage1979
    Options
    I go for an apple or a banana at night when I am craving sweets :smile:
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate--60 calories.
  • nellielovescupcakes
    Options
    Great thanks for all the advice!!!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yep I try to save room for a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich at night or sometimes a chocolate brownie Quest bar. Keeps me sane. :smile:
  • nellielovescupcakes
    Options
    Going in search of quest bars today! Thanks for the feedback!