Night sweats

Options
Since starting my exercise routine I've been experiencing night sweats. Is this typical? Anyone else?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's typical. Do you take any medication?
  • tbfincher
    Options
    Not entirely sure, there is an endless amount of possibilities that could be contributing to it.

Do you wake up feeling extremely hungry?
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The only time I get those is on my period week.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i got night sweats a lot. finally went and got a sleep study done. i don't snore, i don't stop breathing at night, but my oxygen levels drop to 91% at night (they should be a minimum of 97%), so they gave me a cpap... and the night sweats stopped...
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I get them occasionally, but its usually when I am feeling anxious. I might get them for a couple of nights then they stop. I hope yours stop soon x
  • kbmoreno
    Options
    I get them! Went to dermatologist and she increased my glycopyrolate. Med that helps with night sweats.
    I also found Cool Jams. Pajamas that help with it. Kind of expensive but help a lot! Going to look into getting the sheets too.
    I'm 42 & they say it could b due to pre-menopause..
  • cammythom
    Options
    I occasionally have night sweats when I have been overdoing it. Burning the candle at both ends. My mother is the same way. I had problems when I had the stress of young children combined with lack of sleep. More recently with uping my exercise routine. Days when I did two exercise classes at the gym I would have night sweats. I am also peri-menopause, but only had sweats on the days I exercised more.

I would suggest gradually building up your exercise routine in frequency and duration. This will help prevent injuries too.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Night sweats can by a symptom of hypoglycemia. Just mentioning just in case. May not be, but that is not something to ignore.
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    tbfincher wrote: »
    Not entirely sure, there is an endless amount of possibilities that could be contributing to it.

Do you wake up feeling extremely hungry?

Yes I do! Then I do my work out about 4-5pm and I feel hungry when I go to sleep. I can't seen to find the right amount of calories to add to my diet. I keep increasing it but I still feel hungry all the time pretty much.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Maybe its more an issue of timing. I try save some calories for before bedtime so I don't wake up hungry- nothing heavy though. I got this alot when I first started out, see if it will help :).