HELP! Workout Routine!!

Options
Hey Fit Fam! I am trying to figure out a great workout/eating schedule. I am wondering if anyone might have some suggestions as to what i should eat in the morning and after my workout...Well my main questions are..when I workout in the mornings at 5:45 should I take my pre workout and vitamins should I eat some fruit? and after I workout should I eat a big breakfast with my protein shake?

Also, this schedule consists of 5AM workouts and are every other day.
On the other days I usually work out around 5:30 or 6:30 PM. So before my evening workouts should i eat dinner before I workout or should I just take my pre workout and eat something small? (like what?) and then afterwards have a protein shake and something small? I am usually not hungry after my workouts but I know i need fuel...

This may not make a lot of sense but neither does what's going on in my brain about it all. Sorry !! :(

What's your routine for morning or afternoon workouts?

Thanks a bunch!! :)

Replies

• nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read, do what makes you the most comfortable for your workout. If you eat a big breakfast before working out do you feel tired and bloated or full of energy? Is a small snack before working out going to sustain you for your entire workout?

Personally, I hate working out on an empty stomach. I feel tired and have no energy during my workout. However I also hate having a big meal in my stomach so I go for the small snack/small breakfast route (99% of the time it's a coconut and almond fiber one protein bar - so yummy!). But if I'm working out after I've already had lunch sometimes I don't feel like I need to eat anything else and will have a protein shake or a can of tuna when I get home.
  • mothball8402
    Options
    i would eat dinner after your work out when your metabolism is in full speed. Personally, i get lazy if i already ate my meal. Eat your fuel foods before your workout and your healing foods after.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Let things like your workout intensity/performance, your eating preferences, your work/family schedule, etc determine these things.

99% of your progress is going to come from your workout intensity and your dietary consistency. Only 1% will come from how you time/schedule things. So put your effort into busting your *kitten* and hitting your cals/macros, and time things so it's easier to stick to yoru goals and kick *kitten* in your workouts.