Good kcups? Where to buy?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Running low on my Green Mountain kcups and I was wondering if you all have any recommendations? I like flavored coffee... Don't want to spend a lot, but I'm pretty picky (didn't like the Archer Farm stuff at all).

Also, any tip to buy them cheap? I got a bunch at Kohls before Christmas but now it's much more expensive. I don't mind buying a bag and making my own kcups to make money, I just like variety so it's not that handy, but I'd totally do it for some really good coffee (we have the refillable kcups and they seem to work ok with my husband's coffee).

Replies

• kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at Kroger (limited supply, but they put the green mountain on sale for $5.99. I like the breakfast blend and the carmelle vanila cream. I also get other flavors from Walmart (as much as I hate that store). They have a pretty good selection and different brands. Most are 18 cups for $9.97. I also will order some from the Keurig company. You can get assorted flavors in box's or all one flavor. 22 cups or you can get 5 cup sample packs with 5 different flavors. Not sure what you want to pay for the Kcups, but that is what I get.
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The Kroger Green Mountain are 12 cup boxes
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Bed, Bath, and Beyond with their 20% off coupon.
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Costco when they put them on sale. You get like 75 cups for 27 dollars.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Shaws has most of their K Cups on sale - 4.99-5.99$ for 12. idk if they have Shaws in NJ.

Christmas Tree Shop as well. Most of them at 18 count boxes for 7.99$

Variety packs off of Amazon.

I hate k-cups but my office has one. and our admin isnt always the best at placing an order on time so I've started buying my own and leaving them in my desk for when we run low on my fave flavors
  • Francl27
    Options
    My husband drinks decaf and I drink regular, so that's why we ended up with a Keurig, lol. He says he's actually saving money because it uses less coffee with the Keurig.

No Costco, Shaws, or Kroger here :( I'll try and save the next BB&B coupon though!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Sales tend to be in 6-/8-week cycles. I know Shoprite is in NJ and I've gotten some good deals on coffee there when I lived in CT
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yeah I'm stalking Shop Rite and Target but not much so far.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Bed, Bath, and Beyond with their 20% off coupon.

Yes to this. I just got myself a box of Golden French Toast on Sunday.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Target is where I get mine... However I love the Archer Farms brand *shrug*
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Aldi or Walmart for flavors, Amazon for San Francisco Bay Coffee Company. I buy their FogChaser for my morning coffee: $26 for 80 cups and free shipping because I have Prime.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting a refillable pod for my Keurig.

http://www.amazon.com/Solofill-K3-GOLD-CUP-Refillable/dp/B00C3828WA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1422368364&sr=8-3&keywords=solofill+refillable+k-cup

That was really awesome for me. But I tend to stick to the same thing... but I ended up giving away my Keurig after about 18 months anyways. I have really hard water and it kept clogging up. I love my Aeropress.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I get mine at bed bath and beyond with their coupon. They also have an unusual selection, which I like! This weekend I tried a white chocolate mint coffee.....it's delicious!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Try big lots. Sometimes they get those varity packs and seem to have a good price.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Buying K-Cups is like spending $50.00 per pound for coffee.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I buy mine from BJs or through my works WB Mason account. Not sure about flavored. I only drink regular.
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you have a Winn Dixie and a WD card, they do a K-Cup Bonanza every couple of months. If you buy 4, they are 4.99 a box. I always have a couple of coupons to go with it also.

My favorites: Donut Shop Chocolate Glazed Donuts, Green Mountain Golden French Toast, Green Mountain Blueberry, Gloria Jeans Macadamia Nut and Gloria Jeans Mudslide.

If you go on Ebay, Coffee Hub has a lot of variety packs. My favorite is their candy bar one - has Mounds, Snickers, Milky Way and Butterfinger. :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Your point?
  • Francl27
    Options
    I have that refillable cup, I just like variety and don't really like having 3 or 4 bags of coffee open... But I guess I could do it.
  • Francl27
    Options

True, but I don't like spending $14 on a pound of coffee without trying it first either. I wonder if I can get samples somewhere.