2 weeks of healthy changes.. what have you noticed?

Options
I want to take a moment to celebrate the 2 short weeks that I have made healthy lifestyle changes. I think it is easy to focus on the areas we struggle with and "how much we have to go", when instead we should be celebrating the small victories and using them as momentum to get us through the next 2 weeks.

The changes I've noticed in the past 2 weeks are:
-Better sleep. I no longer stay up munching and sipping on a beer till 11, 12 oclock. Instead I go to sleep when I'm tired, or starting to feel snacky, and have found that my sleep is deeper, less restless, and I wake up feeling refreshed.
-Looser work pants. I was practically hopping around in the morning to zip up my work pants, and now I can button and zip them fresh out of the wash without even sucking in!
-My double chin is shrinking. I noticed when I look in the mirror the bottom of my chin is becoming more defined.
-I push a little harder every work out. I have an expectation of myself that if I could do the full 30 minutes on the treadmill the first day coming back to the gym, then there certainly is not an excuse to cut it short simply because I think "I can't make it". This mentality has worked me up to a point where I am completing my workouts with better times, adding more strength exercises, and feeling stronger both in and outside of the gym.

What have you noticed in your last 2 weeks? :)

Replies

• GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The most recent change is that when I let my hands run down my back I can feel my ribcage. Not in a really skinny, bones-sticking-out way, but just very slightly under my skin. ^^

Oh, and then out of nowhere, I was able to do a sit-up yesterday.

And I fit perfectly in a pair of pants that were way too tight just a month ago.
  • savannahdougherty7
    savannahdougherty7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The most recent change is that when I let my hands run down my back I can feel my ribcage. Not in a really skinny, bones-sticking-out way, but just very slightly under my skin. ^^

Oh, and then out of nowhere, I was able to do a sit-up yesterday.

And I fit perfectly in a pair of pants that were way too tight just a month ago.

That is so great !! Your body probably feels so good, I know that rib cage feeling I can't wait to feel mine ! And congrats on the sit up! Keep pushing yourself, by next week you could be able to do 5! :-)