Maintenance

Options
i am a recovering alcoholic and so the only thing I want in life is more, so maintenance is tricky. I've lost 30 lbs and am very very happy about it. As well, I had to buy a whole new wardrobe as everything fell off. This has been a good thing for me cause I sure can't buy a new wardrobe again! Costs way too much. I use routine for maintenance. If I eat mostly the same foods I have success. Sweets kill me.

Replies

• FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Exactly
  • AAmember
    AAmember Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Is that how you do it too?
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was a recovering alcoholic 25 years ago. I started practising the discipline of moderation in all things a few years ago. It was hard at first but now I've got used to it. I can even drink moderately too nowadays though I have months dry as it still scares the life out of me.
    I don't avoid anything anymore so never get obsessed with it, but my diet is very good so that helps cravings too.
  • AAmember
    AAmember Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your note but I beg you, do not drink. Playing with your sobriety is like playing with fire. If you truly are an alcoholic, and only you know that, it will creep up on you and you won't even see it coming. Get to an AA MEETING. talk to others that have tried your dangerous new plan. Alcoholism is the quiet evil devil waiting to take control of your life again. Don't do it. I have NO cravings for al oh ol at all thanks to the AA program. I do everything in moderation as well. Try meditation rather than alcohol, it's a much safer route .