Calorie Adjustment Query

Options
Hi all,
have a query about the inclusion of Calorie Adjustment entries on my Exercise log.

My daily allowance is 1500. I exercise daily either jogging, walking or cycling. Walking and Cycling I add my session using Strava which is synced to MFP.

I also have a Jawbone Up band and that logs my general all round day's worth of activity as well.

What's confusing me is the allocation, for want of a better word, of calories earned.

Today I cycled in to work, uploaded the details to Strava which then appeared on MFP with a calories burned total.

Later my Up details (which was worn during the bike ride) also appeared on the exercise page, labelled as 'Up Calorie Adjustment' adding more calories burned and in doing so giving me a generous additional total of cals back.

My query here is - is this a duplication of totals being registered and as such should I delete one of these logs?

I don't want to be banking extra cals when it's a duplication of one exercise?

Hope the above makes sense.

Cheers,
Flogster

Replies

• r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it might be a duplication...lots of people experience that issue when trying to sync sites.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You should have a pretty good idea of how many calories you burned based on what the individual trackers are telling you. If the number you're getting seems double that, then they're both giving you extra calories.

You may need to play around with things so it doesn't happen. Since I don't use either of those tools I can't really help there. I use a Garmin HRM and a Fitbit One. I get calories from my Garmin when it uploads the run data. I also get calories from the Fitbit but the Fitbit recognizes the calories MFP is reporting and will give negative calories if the total is higher than it should be.

You may need to unsync one item or the other to get proper calorie totals if you can't figure any other way.
  • Flogster
    Flogster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi SueInAz, I think that's the answer....set negative on and it will keep it accurate. Will have a play but think that's the trick.

Thanks both for replies,

Flogster