Low carb lunch ideas needed!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I'm getting tired of chicken breast and/or salads or turkey burgers and salad. Any low carb lunch ideas that are quick and easy?

Thanks!

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I don't know how low you mean by "low carb" or what your macro goals are but here are some ideas that are low carb to me which would be under 30-40g per day:

bunless burgers (toppings with cheese, bacon, avocado, egg, etc)
    Chicken fajitas with no tortillas (or on top of a salad with sour cream/guac/salsa)
    ground beef on top of your salad (similar to a taco salad)
    brats/hot dogs
    Pizza toppings (little sauce, cheese, seasoning, and whatever toppings you like)
    Tuna salad/egg salad

What about roasting a big batch of veggies one day and eating it throughout the week instead of salads for your veggies?

Switching up and trying different seasonings and dressings help for me, too
  • cindybakedababy
    cindybakedababy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do South Beach Diet and I sometimes get stuck in a rut and need to refresh my fridge.

I make lettuce tacos with grilled chicken or lean ground beef or pork, green sauce, a little cheese, avocado slices, you can also add black beans. 8nvbtwjca8x1.jpg

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Soup, meat and cooked veggies, tuna salad, egg salad, omelet (easily reheated), sandwich wraps using low carb tortilla or lettuce leaf. Leftovers from a low carb dinner.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I like making mini fritattas with eggs & egg whites in mini-muffin cups (you can also make them in standard muffin tins) Throw in some chopped, caramelized onion, & some cheese...simple, easy & delicious. I like them cold in my lunch, but they reheat well too. There are all sorts of mini fritatta recipes online, but if you need any ideas, let me know.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I like to make up a chicken stir fry on Sunday and portion it out for lunches during the week. I also keep a few canned soups and frozen options around if I need something quick. One of my favorite meals to make that reheats wonderfully is this spaghetti squash casserole from paleomg: http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-pizza-spaghetti-pie/

Good luck!
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Make a stew over the weekend and take it for lunches during the week.
  • djmsalem
    djmsalem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ham and cheese rollups, with a little mustard. Can't get faster than that!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up steaks and roasts into strips and marinate in soy sauce. Then I sear it with green peppers, onions and sometimes various other vegetables like mushrooms and zucchinis. I like to let it sit in the fridge overnight to allow the flavors to mingle. Sometimes I will melt some provolone cheese over the top of it.

I also like cabbage stew (if done correctly, it is really tasty), taco salads, broccoli with chicken and alfredo, salami and cheddar cheese, bratwursts with sauerkraut and grilled veggie packs.
  • steffenm220
    Options
    I recently made Pesto Chicken Salad. Either buy precooked chicken or buy boneless, skinless chicken breast and then season and cook the yourself. Slice and mix with Plain Greek Yogurt, pesto sauce of your choice, salt and pepper to taste. It's delicious and you can eat it with wraps, bread, crackers how ever you choose :)
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to use the flavored tuna pouches (Starkist herb & garlic) and mix it with either some broccoli florets or asparagus - you could use any veggie - and nuke it for a minute or two. Or it's good cold too. One tuna pouch is 1 net carb plus whatever veggies.
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Also chili reheats for a quick lunch. Depending if you allow yourself beans or not - I have not been able to make a no bean chili that tastes very good.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Any pasta dish over zoodles. You get your vegetables that way, and don't miss out on the yummy sauces. Pasta is just a delivery vehicle anyway. :)
  • mlssalnrd
    Options
    Cut a pepper in half and fill with any combination of tuna or chopped chicken with chopped veggies. I make my tuna with a splash of apple cider vinegar instead of mayo. Coworkers in the lunch room always envious abd for good reason as is yummy and satisfying
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    WOW....great ideas! Thanks SO much! I can't wait to try these now!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I often make fajitas and stir frys for dinner, and make extra for left overs for lunch. I prefer a hot lunch. I also love Joseph's lavash bread (1/2 which is huge, is 7 g carbs, 3 fiber) filled with veggies, lunch meats, and cheeses, or sometimes I will use it as a base for pizza with a little bit of no sugar added tomato sauce, and lots of meats and veggies and cheese. I will bake it at home, then just reheat at work for a few seconds.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Pizza, Cauliflower Fried Rice, Cauliflower Tortilla, Cauliflower Popcorn, Cauliflower Mash .....
  • Darcy011
    Darcy011 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Canned smoked mussels or oyster, cottage cheese and berries
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Chunky soups are my lifesaver when I want warm comforting lunchtime food instead of salads. Go for a low cal one, add in your own chicken. Or go for one with plenty of veg. Or get flavoured cooked chicken packs to make things more flavoursome in salads. I like a variety of vegetables e.g. sugar snap peas or raw broccoli - and I also mix up the leaves I use. Add insome toasted seeds e.g. pumpkin seeds in an avocado salad.
  • fferbz
    fferbz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Eggs! Omlettes are great or boiled egg and asparagus soliders, crack an egg in the centre of an advacado and bake it, theres loads of things to do with them. Also try changing your proteins, turkey breast, tuna, salmon, a new thing ive found which i love is osterich steak, takes 2mins to cook each side and one steak has 26g of protein with just 1.6g of fat!