Need Help To Quit Smoking!

Options
2»

Replies

• 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Trying to quit too, and it seems the anxiety from that is making me smoke more. I think one of my biggest fears is the sore throat I get, that lasts for weeks when I quit. I bought the gum, but haven't even openned it. Last time I tried the patch but it made the site where i attached it super itchy. At that time my dad was quitting too so I managed to quit, but that lasted about 6 months. I have been ashamed of my smoking for a while, and sneaking off at family functions is getting to be a pain. I know the reasons to quit, cancer runs deep in my family but just don't have faith in myself. I told my self I would quit one thing at a time when I started losing weight. I quit late night snacks, then soda, then I even quit biting my nails after 30 years with the habit (have heard that's harder cause your hands r attached to u) smoking was supposed to be next. It has been 5 months since quitting nail biting so smoking is over due.
  • ssami_89
    ssami_89 Posts: 79
    Options
    Trying to quit too, and it seems the anxiety from that is making me smoke more. I think one of my biggest fears is the sore throat I get, that lasts for weeks when I quit. I bought the gum, but haven't even openned it. Last time I tried the patch but it made the site where i attached it super itchy. At that time my dad was quitting too so I managed to quit, but that lasted about 6 months. I have been ashamed of my smoking for a while, and sneaking off at family functions is getting to be a pain. I know the reasons to quit, cancer runs deep in my family but just don't have faith in myself. I told my self I would quit one thing at a time when I started losing weight. I quit late night snacks, then soda, then I even quit biting my nails after 30 years with the habit (have heard that's harder cause your hands r attached to u) smoking was supposed to be next. It has been 5 months since quitting nail biting so smoking is over due.

Looks like we are almost the same here! Except the nail biting I don't do that much anymore. but late snacks soda and smoking are my problem