what are your short- and long-term weight loss goals

Options
For those of you trying to lose weight, what are some of your short- and long-term goals to accomplish?

For me:
I want to lose 3 inches from my hip and waist in 3 months.
I want to get back to under 200 lbs in 2 1/2 months.
I want to lose 20 lbs in 8 months.

Replies

• AmberStarr_87
    AmberStarr_87 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I weigh 185 now- would like to loose 35 pounds by the end of summer. Seems impossible right now, but I'm trying!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I gotta figure out a short term goal, I haven't had one in a while, could explain some struggling. Woops.

Long term I want to get under 200 this year (I lost about 35 from July-November last year then took December to maintain). Which at this point means I have another 66 to go which I think is possible.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Short term-working on these last 5-8 pounds and getting my body fat down a little, and hoping for a 26 inch waist.

Long term-bulk and build the butt of my dreams.
  • iheartdinosaurs
    iheartdinosaurs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Short-term goal: get under 200 again. (SW: 245ish, CW:220ish)
    Long-term goal: figure out which is the best long-term weight goal. :wink: Guessing 165ish, but will depend on muscle when I get back into competitive swimming after my stint in Ethiopia.

Not putting a deadline on these because, in my situation, leads to disappointment (my weightloss has been extremely slow!). Main goal is to continue the losing trend until I reach goal, however long it ends up taking!

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Step one is weight loss. I started at 295. I want to get down to the 220 range. I have not weighed that little since middle school.

From there, I hope to have found some good physical hobbies. I'm thinking outdoor type stuff (hiking, biking, trail running) and maybe yoga. Maybe start competing in something. I have found as an adult I miss competition.

I would ultimately like to get real toned and lean. I don't see myself ever really trying to bulk up muscle wise.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly care about weight. It can go up or down and it wouldn't bother me. I'm after a specific look and feel more than any number will ever give me.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My original short term goal was to get under 200lbs. I did that =)
    my next goal is 185 lbs
    My ultimate goal is 125, I have never been that weight in my adult life.

I have fitness goals too, but I haven't quite decided where I want to start. I pretty much want to do everything!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Short term goal: get through today with a little bit of exercise (did that, 2 mile walk with the dog) and paying attention to what I eat. (Doing that, weighing and journaling everything.) Focusing on healthy food choices (not just low cal). Paying attention to nutrition. That is every day. By doing this every day, I hope:
    --to be down 20 lbs by the 2nd week of April
    --to be down 40 lbs by sometime in August
    --to be down 60 lbs by Thanksgiving time
    --to be down 80 lbs by this time next year
    --to be at goal in April 2016.

I will be riding my bike 3 times a week or more once the winter is over. In the meantime, I am committing to taking better care of myself and my dog with daily walks together (minimum 1 mile per day). Poor dog is gonna get fat and it's not her fault. She depends on me to take care of her. I will go to the gym 3 times a week - spend at least 30 mins but work up to 1 hour. Starting slow - 20 mins on the recumbent bike, 10 mins on the elliptical. Working up to 20 mins on each and then some time with the weight machines to tone.

I will no longer drive myself nuts looking at the scale every day. 1x a week or maybe even 1x month like Curves does. Even week to week can be frustrating esp. if the day before weigh-in you accidentally consume too much sodium....
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on aggressive time based goals. I want to get to 22% body fat, which is likely going to mean losing around 15 pounds. My hope is to have that done this year. Sooner rather than later would be great but I'm not putting a date on it.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Short term goal: lose 2 lbs
    Long term goal: lose 31 lbs
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Short term: Get less fat.
    Long term: Get skinny.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to get under 200 by mid-February. I'm bouncing between 202 and 206 right now, so it will just take one good swing down to do it. So close!

My long term goal is to lose another 40 after that before my birthday (early October) but I'd be happy if I did it by the end of this year.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Short term weight loss: down to 140-145 by the end of March (hello Florida for spring break!!)
    Long term weight loss: down to 120-125 by the end of the summer

Short term fitness: continue weights 3X per week; continue to walk or ride stationary bike or outdoor biking 3-4 times per week
    Long term fitness: Participate in 1-2 bike tours per month starting in April when the weather starts turning nice; work up to riding 30 miles at a stretch by the end of the summer (can already handle 20 miles)
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Currently I am 200lbs (5'7, 26 yrs old, 2 kids under 5).

By July I would like to lose 25lbs and long-term I'd like to lose a total of 50 (ideally by Halloween but it won't upset me if it doesn't happen that fast).

I want to lose 10 inches from waist and 8 from my hips and increase muscle tone all over.

I also want to improve my cardiovascular stamina in case the zombies come.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Short-term: sustained under 190 by the end of February (lowest I've hit so far is 191.8)
    Long-term: another 50-60 pounds...which will probably take me 18 months
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Short-term: ONEderland (that's 17 lbs to get there)
    Long-term: To have a healthy BMI which would put me between 155 and 180. The weight I'll settle for: What looks BEST on me!!

I wish us all SUCCESS!
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 167 lbs. My goal is just to get down to 150. I currently weigh 157. If the weight comes off easier than I predicted it would, I may or may not keep trying to actually lose.

I know 150 likely sounds heavy to many, but it works for me.
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to lose 10lbs every two months. Not sure on long term goal yet.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to get in the 160-165 range by the end of this summer. I am at a point where I like my weight range a lot but I'm not ready for maintenance yet and losing VERY SLOWLY...I am in that 168-171 range, kind of bouncing around and I want to get to a better "buffer zone" so I'll stop seeing 170+ on the scale at all.

My long term goal is to stay under 180 lb for the rest of my life.
  • reginab1984
    reginab1984 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Short term goal is to get back to my pre-running weight.
    Medium term goal is to get back to my original racing weight.
    Long term goal is to get to a new, lower than ever and hopefully better racing weight.