McDonald's Run!

Options
I just did a McDonald's run for my coworkers and didn't get anything for myself!!! :) Go me!

Replies

• jaggerjia
    Options
    Thats temptation at its finest!!!! Good for you!!!!!!
  • sw0312
    sw0312 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! That one is hard. I did it 2 weeks ago for the kids between sports and was proud that i only got a cheeseburger and didn't eat the bun but holy cow - nothing is amazing!!!
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    Thanks! The sausage mcmuffins and the mcdoubles are my weekness! :p
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Let's face it, if their food wasn't delicious Americans wouldn't be so heavy. Good for you! I always just get a huge diet coke when going with the kiddos.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I would get a coffee, I guess... lol
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    good job, my co-worker just asked me if i needed anything she was going to mcdonalds. i said no thank you.
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    good job, my co-worker just asked me if i needed anything she was going to mcdonalds. i said no thank you.

Go you! :)

• ELiCiT23
    ELiCiT23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nice. I would've gotten an apple pie lol
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have 2 male coworkers (20's) who eat fast food for lunch every day in the break room. They know I've lost a lot of weight and eat super healthy foods. They allow me to stare at them (laughingly) while they devour their Burger King, In-n-Out, McDonald's, Carl's Jr, Jack-in-the-Box, Fat Burger, The Habit delicacies EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
    They never ask me if I want a french fry, curly fry, or onion ring because they know I will decline. I get great satisfaction watching them eat the food I no longer choose to put in my body.
    Over the months, guess which 2 are needing to buy bigger scrubs? I just giggle.

The suckiest part is, they could lose all the weight they're gaining just by sneezing. Dammit!
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Whats wrong with McDonalds? I can eat anything I want aslong as I eat with in my caloric restrictions and it keeps me sane.
  • k2mexox
    k2mexox Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The problem is just because because the food might fit your caloric goals doesn't mean it is healthy for you by any means. Still loaded with bad fats , carbs , sugars etc. having it everyone once in a great while and making a healthier choice is the way to go if that's your choice and option.

Great job having self control!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    k2mexox wrote: »
    The problem is just because because the food might fit your caloric goals doesn't mean it is healthy for you by any means. Still loaded with bad fats , carbs , sugars etc. having it everyone once in a great while and making a healthier choice is the way to go if that's your choice and option.

Great job having self control!!

what are bad fats and carbs?

individual food choice does not matter..over all diet, dosage, and hitting carlories/macros/micors..

you can eat McDonalds, hit your goals for the day, and lose weight. Does not make it "unhealthy"....

• MrCoolGrim
    Options
    ^^^ this. He beat me to it.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    ELiCiT23 wrote: »
    Nice. I would've gotten an apple pie lol

That strawberries n creme pie is so much yummier tho... why must it be around just for a moment?! :sad: That needs to be a staple next to the apple pie. :yum:

Oh yeah... Yay OP!! :drinker:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    How did you resist the fries? The salty yummy fries?
    You must have super-hero willpower.
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options
    I dont understand why people need to torture them selves. i would have had the fries and the pie as long as i maintain my cico i can eat what i want.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I dont understand why people need to torture them selves. i would have had the fries and the pie as long as i maintain my cico i can eat what i want.

agreed...

not sure why losing weight has to equate to self torture...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »

why not just eat them and fit them into your day?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Rarely go to McDonald's. When I do it's a cheeseburger small fries and a H2O. Once a year I get a Big Mac and eat the entire thing. Delicious. B)>:)
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    BinkyBonk wrote: »

why not just eat them and fit them into your day?

because for some people (myself included) mcdonald's isn't about eating until you're full, it's eating the entire combo you purchase then getting an irresistible craving for more high-calorie foods. high fat food is a huge trigger for me and if i'm not careful i will go on a day-long binge.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!