squats,,,yes or no?

Options
2»

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    yes. I love doing back squats with heavy weight. It makes my bum very tiny and tones my legs completely. I have to make sure to turn out my knees alot to keep from getting a masculine butt! That's the only down side. It works the legs so much!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'll have to see about adding extra weight in the future.

doing direct ab work will not slim down your mid section. in fact, it can make it bigger.

body composition is 90% what you eat. stay at your calorie goal, and do your best to eat healthy foods.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    SQUAT BABY SQUAT!!! I never had a butt that looked so good and legs that looked even better.
  • KiminNorCal
    KiminNorCal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1,000,000,000 x YES!!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    Yes I can see difference do both weighted and bodyweight have been doing them for awhile...yes do squats it takes time but will make a difference

• KiminNorCal
    edited January 2015
    Options

doing direct ab work will not slim down your mid section. in fact, it can make it bigger.

body composition is 90% what you eat. stay at your calorie goal, and do your best to eat healthy foods.

WORD! (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
  • KiminNorCal
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have gotten more compliments on my booty in the last 3 months, than I have my entire life. I used to have NO booty. I do now baby. Sqat your life away. As I always say (pardon the French)...

A*S*S TO GRASS BIT*CH*ES!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I've been doing squats for ages, and I don't think my form is bad, but I really don't feel them anywhere but in my legs.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    yes, squats.

end thread/
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

you could always just start with the barbell and work on form ..that would be 45#
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options

And it shall be written. Praise be squats!

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I've been doing squats for ages, and I don't think my form is bad, but I really don't feel them anywhere but in my legs.

You might be leaning too far forward. Try putting a weight plate under your heels to elevate them a little.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I don't agree that you won't see changes with bodyweight squats, IF you're challenging your body in different ways. I've been doing, "You are Your own gym" and it includes dynamic squats, and every kind of squat you can think of and I'm getting firmer already in my legs. I will say I do get quick initial gains from any work out routine I try though.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Doing heavy squats and deads (as well as other leg work) while losing weight gave me pretty good legs and *kitten*. Doing even more while bulking has made them awesome.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    moar squats it always THE answer to all of life's questions.

well next to 42. and we all know ice cream = 42- so that's the other thing.

Squats
    ice cream.

you're welcome.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I don't like squats so much, on account of my squiffy knees.

HOWEVER...when I upped my weight and got nitpicky about form? I started feeling them not just in my quads, but up in my lower abdominal muscles, near my hips.

Squats are good. I hate my bubble wrap knees, but I can tell that squats are helping my whole body.

That, and dropping into a squat and popping back up? That's a real-world action that this lift assists. I'm the only mom at the school events who drops down and back up so easily. I like gloating at the other moms....
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I do various kinds of squats, both unweighted and weighted, five out of seven days a week, The difference in my middle aged booty has been amazing after only a couple of months! Before, my buttcheeks had basically blended into the back of my thighs; now there's a clear line of delineation, and I'd say overall my rear end is higher by an inch or two. Sometimes I glimpse it in the mirror on my way out of the shower, and I can't believe that's my butt.