Car self portrait in the seat

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Some guy is sitting there after having a fight with his wife, posting on MFP all these angry messages.

No Im not married.

I can't imagine why

LOL.....walked right into that one, didnt I.

Honey babes, you should be so lucky
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Some guy is sitting there after having a fight with his wife, posting on MFP all these angry messages.

No Im not married.

I can't imagine why

LOL.....walked right into that one, didnt I.

Honey babes, you should be so lucky

If this thread is a sample of talent available to marry... I think she IS lucky...
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My photo was taken while I was out walking my dog :tongue:
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Cuz sometimes I'm sitting in the car waiting on something, catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and am like"dayum, I look gooood, must capture this moment of hotness." Lol I think it's just boredom.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Cuz sometimes I'm sitting in the car waiting on something, catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and am like"dayum, I look gooood, must capture this moment of hotness." Lol I think it's just boredom.

Yep, good idea :)
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Because it's less noticeable than getting out, standing in front of the vehicle and taking a pic, looking at it, discarding it, trying again...
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    When it happens with me it is because I find that I mirror in the car makes me look half decent and that makes me decide to take a picture.

It kind of goes hand in hand with bathroom pictures (at least for me). The light in my room is horrible, but the light in my restroom is awesome for pictures. XD

/shrug

this sounds right. probably people in that moment catch sight of themselves in their rearview mirror, and it's naturally that angle that used to be called the 'myspace' angle, which makes faces look more baby-like in proportion (eyes look bigger, chin & nose look smaller, flesh hangs better/looks more youthful). probably more women than men do it.

what's weird is, it's a moment of awareness of yourself as a public thing, which happens in a public place. yet the act of taking the pic itself is arguably private. i bet people would be embarrassed to be caught actually taking the shot.

boredom is a funny reason to do it, i never think of taking pictures of myself when bored. (i have never taken this kind of picture but might now)
  • NormInv
    Options
    When it happens with me it is because I find that I mirror in the car makes me look half decent and that makes me decide to take a picture.

It kind of goes hand in hand with bathroom pictures (at least for me). The light in my room is horrible, but the light in my restroom is awesome for pictures. XD

/shrug

this sounds right. probably people in that moment catch sight of themselves in their rearview mirror, and it's naturally that angle that used to be called the 'myspace' angle, which makes faces look more baby-like in proportion (eyes look bigger, chin & nose look smaller, flesh hangs better/looks more youthful). probably more women than men do it.

what's weird is, it's a moment of awareness of yourself as a public thing, which happens in a public place. yet the act of taking the pic itself is arguably private. i bet people would be embarrassed to be caught actually taking the shot.

boredom is a funny reason to do it, i never think of taking pictures of myself when bored. (i have never taken this kind of picture but might now)

Well said, your post makes it understandable as to why someone would do this.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I get nice depth of field in my vehicle, and the color of the interior, since it is largely gray, gives me great color balance when taken using the flash from my phone. So I take in the car photos for artistic and technical reasons. Also, additional people are not required to get the shot, and it is convenient. I also find the addition of the seatbelt aesthetically pleasing in the photograph.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    <---Because they are magical moving photo booths! Duh! :)
  • LuckyFur
    LuckyFur Posts: 96
    Options
    I find that my duckface gets superior lighting with so many windows on all sides. A poorly lit duckface is a travesty.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

/shrug

Well said, your post makes it understandable as to why someone would do this.

pleased; it's a neat question for a sunday :) is it actually more women than men on your FL that do this?
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Options
    I find that my duckface gets superior lighting with so many windows on all sides. A poorly lit duckface is a travesty.

Forsooth!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Only time I ever took one was when I was waiting for my husband to get a script filled and I was bored. I took some of my son in his car seat too.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What else is there to do on a long road trip after you've sang "Bohemian Rhapsody", commented on everyone's Facebook, commented on everyone's MFP, played a couple rounds of Running With Friends, and read a couple chapters of your Kindle book?

Besides, the lighting is good. It was actually one of very few decent shots of me. :wink:
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    It's still better than duck lips side peace signs moody face and the classic mirror shot
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I took mine while I was waiting for my pizza : ) and yes, I felt stupid doing it
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    No seatbelt on sukkie stack house shame on you
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Options
    It's still better than duck lips side peace signs moody face and the classic mirror shot

Hmmm, all I need to complete this list is the side peace....