Random IF/Meal Skipping

Options
I was looking at Intermittent Fasting on Pinterest, and I saw a method that intrigued me: "Random."

My schedule is very sporadic, and I'm constantly struggling to eat 3 meals a day. Sundays and Mondays are my biggest challenge. Sundays, between church and work, I usually only eat one meal before work. I work until 8-9pm most Sundays, so I eat dinner at work. Mondays, lunch is the difficult meal to eat. I eat breakfast around 9am, and by the time I go on my lunch break around 12pm, I'm really not hungry.

So, I'm thinking that I might benefit from planning on randomly skipping meals. On a day like Thursday when I start work a little later, I would probably eat before work and skip lunch. On a day when I start work earlier, I might skip breakfast and wait until my lunch break to eat. (The exception being Monday where I like eating earlier because I go to my weigh ins on Monday nights).

Any thoughts?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    So long as you're not going to overeat or undereat as a result of the random schedule, I say go for it. I regularly skip breakfast and eat randomly throughout the evening instead, and it hasn't hurt my losses at all.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    ftsolk wrote: »
    I was looking at Intermittent Fasting on Pinterest, and I saw a method that intrigued me: "Random."

My schedule is very sporadic, and I'm constantly struggling to eat 3 meals a day. Sundays and Mondays are my biggest challenge. Sundays, between church and work, I usually only eat one meal before work. I work until 8-9pm most Sundays, so I eat dinner at work. Mondays, lunch is the difficult meal to eat. I eat breakfast around 9am, and by the time I go on my lunch break around 12pm, I'm really not hungry.

So, I'm thinking that I might benefit from planning on randomly skipping meals. On a day like Thursday when I start work a little later, I would probably eat before work and skip lunch. On a day when I start work earlier, I might skip breakfast and wait until my lunch break to eat. (The exception being Monday where I like eating earlier because I go to my weigh ins on Monday nights).

Any thoughts?
    When you eat is of little consequence for most people's goals. What counts is the total calories and macro nutrients you consume each day/week. Focus on that and eat whenever it's convenient for you. If the way you time your meals interferes with your calorie and macro nutrient goals, I'd consider trying an alternate timing scheme.