Tasty snacks

Options

Replies

• knitknut44
    knitknut44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    elfman5150 wrote: »
    sweet potato + peanut butter. If you haven't tried this combination before, you are missing out.

Ok, you have my interest with the sweet potato part, it's one of my favorite foods! But how do you prepare it with peanut butter? Topped with it, or mashed together? I actually prefer almond butter over peanut, so might start experimenting. Never thought of these foods going together! Thanks for any more tips!
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    knitknut44 wrote: »
    Ok, you have my interest with the sweet potato part, it's one of my favorite foods! But how do you prepare it with peanut butter? Topped with it, or mashed together? I actually prefer almond butter over peanut, so might start experimenting. Never thought of these foods going together! Thanks for any more tips!

There's definitely no one way to do it, so definitely try experimenting. I normally mix the peanut butter and sweet potato together, add a tiny bit of milk (to get it moist), then heat it up in the microwave. Soooooo good.

I'll bet almond butter would be fantastic with it as well. I had a vanilla almond butter before. Best stuff in the world, but really pricy! They may as well have called it 'crack butter,' but I plan to make my own recipe and name it that one day. One day.
    http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Nutty-ORGANIC-Vanilla-Almond/dp/B0037UTDDA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1423020299&sr=8-9&keywords=vanilla+almond+butter

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    elfman5150 wrote: »
    knitknut44 wrote: »

There's definitely no one way to do it, so definitely try experimenting. I normally mix the peanut butter and sweet potato together, add a tiny bit of milk (to get it moist), then heat it up in the microwave. Soooooo good.

I'll bet almond butter would be fantastic with it as well. I had a vanilla almond butter before. Best stuff in the world, but really pricy! They may as well have called it 'crack butter,' but I plan to make my own recipe and name it that one day. One day.
    http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Nutty-ORGANIC-Vanilla-Almond/dp/B0037UTDDA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1423020299&sr=8-9&keywords=vanilla+almond+butter

I'm also intrigued by this, but still am a little wary. I may give it a try when my boyfriend is not around. He does not share my infatuation with peanut butter.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    I snack @ 10 and 3 every day. Scheduled snacking keeps me from unscheduled food grabs that add up to WAY more calories. I try to do a fruit/vegetable and a small protein in my snacks.

This week I've got Peanutbutter and celery. I know it's old school but I happen to *LOVE* celery. I don't even need the PB to enjoy it but I add it for the protein and calories.

Afternoon right now is 2 clementines and a cheese stick.

So basically ANY fruit or vegetable.
    For proteins I eat Nuts, PB, cheese, low sodium lunchmeat, nitrate free pepperoni (probably not a whole lot of protein but YUM), nuts, hummus or protein bars...

Even when I was losing weight I wouldn't want celery & peanut butter.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    7c4fnk1k5wli.jpg
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    7c4fnk1k5wli.jpg

Hahahaha!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It wasn't the ONLY thing I had listed. LMAO. It was just what I happened to have that day.

It's just the one the antagonistic (and apparently flag happy people) chose to focus on and pretend I didn't have any other foods in my post.

There were more calorie dense foods in the list. I posted them because they were healthy and the OP asked for
    like a healthy ratio of macros
    So that's what I provided. Those who just enjoy sniping chose to pull out the celery part and ignore everything else. On MPF SURELY you understand this.

Had i known that celery would stir up such rage and annoyance I really would have left it completely out of my original thread. I had NO idea it was such a controversial food.
  • 3laine75
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It wasn't the ONLY thing I had listed. LMAO. It was just what I happened to have that day.

It's just the one the antagonistic (and apparently flag happy people) chose to focus on and pretend I didn't have any other foods in my post.

There were more calorie dense foods in the list. I posted them because they were healthy and the OP asked for
    like a healthy ratio of macros
    So that's what I provided.

Funny that, I just looked back so I could highlight where you said you were leaving.......

That whole post's gone, I wonder why?

ETA: peanut butter and celery has a healthy macro ratio for bulking? Carbs?
  • 3laine75
    Options

Bwahahaha
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    3laine75 wrote: »

Bwahahaha

Oh look. We have flags. I wonder who flagged our posts. Maybe the person who's posts didn't get flagged?

I wonder if that person knows flagging posts when it isn't abuse gets you a warning by the mods?

That's good to hear. Not sure of the whole flag topic but seems people get flagged for having a different opinion!

• Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oops, sorry that my recommendations weren't really relevant. I still think they're tasty, though :).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I've been eating bagels with Gay Lea cinnamon & brown sugar butter, or your spread of choice. Actually, it works with a lot more things than bagels and bread (waffles, pancakes, pasta). Chocolate-covered nuts would work I think.
    S_Cinnamon-Sugar-Spreadables.png

I've never bulked, just making suggestions.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Had i known that celery would stir up such rage and annoyance I really would have left it completely out of my original thread. I had NO idea it was such a controversial food.

you're in the bulking section- you have to be paying attention. Which- you're not.
  • auddii
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I've been eating bagels with Gay Lea cinnamon & brown sugar butter, or your spread of choice. Actually, it works with a lot more things than bagels and bread (waffles, pancakes, pasta). Chocolate-covered nuts would work I think.
    S_Cinnamon-Sugar-Spreadables.png

I've never bulked, just making suggestions.
    Hm, I didn't know that was a thing. I used to make toast, butter it, and then top with cinnamon and sugar. This would allow me to be much lazier...
  • jaggerjia
    Options
    This is kind of unconventional, but i love to dip a spoon in peanut butter then dip that into a mix of chia and sesame seeds. Its sweet and salty and crunchy and savory and satisfying. (The only thing its missing is chocolate)
  • Amanelot
    Amanelot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My god I thought I was naughty while bulking, you guys make me look like a health nut. I gotta try some of these ideas right now
  • auddii
    Options
    Someone posted in another thread that their husband spread peanut butter on his bacon. I will need to try this... (And bacon definitely wins over celery!)
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just use celery as a medium for my topping -usually peanut butter. The same with bread in general. It's just a means to get to the butter/olive oil/peanut butter/jelly/etc. without directly eating those things alone....which I have been known to do anyway (I'm looking at you, honey butter from Outback....)