Need a beach/bikini body in 3 months!

Options
Hi all!

I have a small frame (5'3") and I was doing pretty good in late 2013 with being healthy. But I got laid off in March 2014 and let myself go. I've gained about 10 pounds, which is a LOT on my frame, and am ready to get back in shape. I started in earnest on January 5 at my highest weight (132 - which really is not a good look on me) and I have lost about 3 pounds so far. I gain all of my weight in my stomach and have never worn a bikini, even when I was a teenager and 115 pounds.

My new firm (joined in June 2014) has announced a company retreat to Mexico and it's in 3 short months! I am really serious about getting into shape, as I do not want to be self-conscious around my coworkers. The retreat is on the Baja peninsula and we have a bunch of beach/water activities planned. My ultimate goal is a work-appropriate bikini that I feel and look great in :)

I'm looking for other folks who are also trying to get a beach body in the next few months! I do login every day and am doing my very best to weigh and log all food, but the weekends are hard. I want to have some folks I can chat with regularly and check in with for accountability.

My weaknesses - wine, going out to eat, being lazy and not exercising. Being too lenient on Fridays & Saturdays. I am trying to rein all of these bad habits in.

If you're in a similar boat please add me!

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    anna418 wrote:
    I have a small frame (5'3") ... am ready to get back in shape. I started in earnest on January 5 at my highest weight (132 - which really is not a good look on me) and I have lost about 3 pounds so far. I gain all of my weight in my stomach and have never worn a bikini, even when I was a teenager and 115 pounds.
    So you're aiming for what, 120?
    Going by BMI, at your height 105 - 130 is a healthy weight range.
    Because you're already near/at a healthy weight, losing more is going to be slow & difficult.
    Losing 0.5 lb per week would be reasonable & healthy.
    What is more likely to have a better visual impact than simply trying to lose weight is if you spend the weeks before your vacation increasing your weightlifting. You will be toned, shapely, strong, fit... in a word, hot.

Keep doing cardio, because it's good for your heart and will burn calories more efficiently than weightlifting. But focus on moving heavy things around the gym. If you don't have a gym, try a body weight workout to start out. This blog post has links to both an article and the study it's based on which shows a simple one. You could also look on youtube.

51637601.png
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ah, yes, I'm not too worried about the number on the scale. I certainly don't think I can lose a pound a week at all, without starving myself. I have one of those body fat/muscle scales that I hear aren't very accurate, but I am trying to make the body fat go down and the muscle go up. I don't belong to a gym but have been doing toning workouts at home. My cardio consists of walks (I walk very fast but hate running). I try to tone 3x/week and cardio 3x/week. My husband has some weights at home...I'll ask him to show me how to use them.

I am really focusing on getting fruits and veggies, whole grains, some lean meats -- limiting my dairy and processed foods/sugar. I am really good during the week and tend to fall off the wagon on the weekend.

Mostly I am looking for other folks who have sort of "vanity" goals and want to be accountable to each other!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    3 months is plenty of time to lose 10 lbs and firm up your body if you are willing to do the work. Eat at a reasonable deficit and workout regularly. Be sure to include some type of resistance training - weights, bodyweight, resistance bands, whatever you prefer. - as well as cardio.

BTW - is your company hiring?
  • taraja88
    taraja88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Heyy :) I think I can help, and noo I'm not promoting anything.. have you heard of Kayla Itsines? If you haven't, she's an Australian Personal trainer that has a huuuge following on instagram (1.9 million followers) and has these great bikini body guides. One of them is 12 weeks long and she has these great eating plans to pair the guide with. I'm on week 3 of BBG 1 and have already lost 6 pounds and am looking leaner and toned. I suggest checking out her site http://www.kaylaitsines.com.au and taking a look at some of her guides! Hope I could help! :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What kind of set up does your husband have? You can make a pretty big difference eating a tiny deficit and lifting heavy for 3 months for sure.