what are some fat loss exercises ??

Options
been to the gym for a week but still trying to figure out some exercise routine !! can some list some exercises on the comment ?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    fork put-downs and table push-aways....

Your energy (calorie) consumption is going to have a far greater impact on your fat loss than what exercises you do.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things,

often...........
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Walking. At lunch time I walk. I park at the far end of the parking lot. I walk the dog. I climb the stairs. I dropped 40 lbs last year and want to drop 50 this year. Walk.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Any kind of movement is going to be better than not moving.

There aren't any specific "fat loss" exercises. Cardio exercise (like walking, running, elliptical, step or boot camp, jumping rope) will get your heart rate up, is good for your overall health, and burns more calories. Strength training (like lifting weights or pushups) will help your body hang onto muscle and ensure that most of the weight you lose is actually fat.

But you can't out-exercise a bad diet. To lose weight, log and track your food and eat fewer calories.
  • eloisecromwell276
    Options
    Any form of cardio is good for burning instant calories and boosts your metabolism! Weight training is good for building muscle and if your feeling aches and pains after, then your body will have to work harder to recover. That means your body will continuously burn calories to repair itself. This will impact on your appetite and will require eating all the right types of food - in particular protein to help your body in the process of repair. People who take weight training seriously eat ALOT of calories to help with recovery and muscle growth - so take this in to account if weight training is something you'd like to get in to. It will affect your daily calorie goal but is a great way to lose weight and tone your body. Make sure you get training on how to do dead lifts, squats etc. Good form is so important to ensure you don't hurt yourself. Hope this helps x
  • sncoombs
    Options
    Lift! Lift! Lift!
    Amazing advice from @eloisecromwell276‌ though - diet is key :smile:
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    All exercises are "fat loss exercises"

ALL of them
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Fat loss begins in the kitchen.
  • jessiebgc95
    Options
    Any form of cardio is good for burning instant calories and boosts your metabolism! Weight training is good for building muscle and if your feeling aches and pains after, then your body will have to work harder to recover. That means your body will continuously burn calories to repair itself. This will impact on your appetite and will require eating all the right types of food - in particular protein to help your body in the process of repair. People who take weight training seriously eat ALOT of calories to help with recovery and muscle growth - so take this in to account if weight training is something you'd like to get in to. It will affect your daily calorie goal but is a great way to lose weight and tone your body. Make sure you get training on how to do dead lifts, squats etc. Good form is so important to ensure you don't hurt yourself. Hope this helps x

What about high intensity interval training ?
  • eloisecromwell276
    Options
    High intensity interval training is particularly good for boosting your metabolism, which in turn, helps you burn calories throughout the day! @jessiebgc95‌