"Special" feature on Weight Watcher Scale

I thought my scale was stuck because I have been at the EXACT same weight to the tenth of a pound for 7 days in a row, even though I have been sticking to my 1300 calories a day faithfully. I was about to get discouraged when I did a little cyber research and discovered that Weight Watcher digital scales (the ones I have) have a feature that *remembers* the last weight recorded until that weight changes at least 2 pounds. If I want to get accurate weights twice a week, I will have to weigh something else on my scale to *break* the memory before I climb on myself. Hopefully this info will be useful to others who thought they were *stuck* because they hadn't dropped at least 2 pounds since last weigh-in.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I have a WW scale and hate it because of that so-called feature. I get on it holding something heavy so that it registers a different weight, just like you. I've actually quit using it and now I use my old scale that measures to the half pound.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    What the what? That would be a scale I'd throw out the window, for sure.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    That has to be the most asinine feature on a scale...who in the world thought that was a great idea?!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    I have an older WW scale and it's not like that at all.
  • What in the....
    Seriously? Why on earth would someone invent that ridiculous feature?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited January 2015
    deleted. Url fail
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    What the what? That would be a scale I'd throw out the window, for sure.
    Ditto.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    heh that feature would annoy me, only accurate to 2lb is not good.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    That's just terrible.

A scale is an instrument for measurement. Interpretation should be left up to the user.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Yeah I couldn't use that scale at all. It would infuriate me and I'd probably throw it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    What a bloody stupid feature! I can't for the life of me imagine what use that would ever be to anyone!
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    What in the....
    Seriously? Why on earth would someone invent that ridiculous feature?

This. On *SO* many levels!
    I would throw the thing against a brick wall, shoot it a few times with .30-06 at close range, throw it into traffic, encase it in cement, and finally send the damn thing to sleep with the fishes.
  • Has anyone ever seen the movie Office Space? This brings to mind the scene where they take the malfunctioning printer into the back field and beat the s*** out of it with a bat. I can't seem to upload it here but it's very appropriate.