How do I maintain my weight and excercise better?

Options
ive been using this app about a year now (and only just discovered the community section today lol), but how can I maintain my weight and excercise better? I've always found the app always tells me off for not eating enough, for instance today; Goal 2,300. 1,072 food. 2,284 Excercise = 3,507 remaining. This isn't the worse one ever either xD So how can I balance out my weight, food and excercise better? I've lost over a stone in recent weeks. Help

Replies

• ELiCiT23
    ELiCiT23 Posts: 106 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is 2,300 definitely your maintenance calories to keep your weight?
    If so, I suggest getting a food scale.
    Continue your current diet but weight all foods to balance calories and figure out macros. If no cardio, just consume enough to where it meats your caloric goals including the TDEE ofcourse. If you do cardio, add the foods back to maintain caloric goals.
    Exercise with weights regularly. TDEE should have included if you work out.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat at maintenance and keep exercising...

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    what exercise are you doing that you're coming up with exercise burns of 2,300 calories?

If you train like an athlete you have to learn to eat like one...if your TDEE with exercise is 3,500 calories, you need to learn to eat.
  • CatchingFate
    Options
    I'm an equestrian athlete, so I do a lot of horse riding, mucking out, walking at horses speed etc all day long, then I work out at home to keep my fitness up. Yes 2,300 is my goal (according to this app) and I weigh my foods and check calories already etc. I eat 3 meals a day, and occasionally snack if I get chance. My workout at home is balanced between strength and cardio, I also jog and bike if I get time after the horses and between work (with international horses)
  • vahewitt
    vahewitt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this app also but I've been maintaining my weight for a while. The best advice that I can give is eating snacks between meal. I've found that this keeps my energy level up throughout the day & prevents me from being super hungry during meal time. If you can just get in the habit of packing about 2 healthy snacks before you walk out of the door every morning.
  • CatchingFate
    Options
    That might work, is there anything you'd recommend?
    vahewitt wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to this app also but I've been maintaining my weight for a while. The best advice that I can give is eating snacks between meal. I've found that this keeps my energy level up throughout the day & prevents me from being super hungry during meal time. If you can just get in the habit of packing about 2 healthy snacks before you walk out of the door every morning.

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Eat denser, higher calorie food. If you're losing weight you're not eating enough.

Milk, cheese, butter
    Nuts, peanut butter
    Bread
    Lentils, beans
    Dried fruit
    Orange juice

I had to do this for my dad when he was ill - it's not hard. Basically add cheese or fat or nuts to everything. Drink milk and eat bread and butter. If you're working that hard you need it.

Then do as suggested and measure and weigh. You need to eat but obviously not too much. It will also help you get a good nutritional balance with lots of protein and healthy fats.