Looking for Additional eSupport

Options
OGJake12
OGJake12 Posts: 185 Member
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hello all,

I left the MFP community for a while due to some external factors. Now I am back and looking for friends to help pump me up, and for me to help pump up. I like sharing recipes, challenges and all kinds of *kitten* (update: "Stuff") on here.

About me:
I'm 6'0 and currently 211 lbs (which is my lowest weight since August of 2013). My goal weight is still somewhat far off, at 180lbs (muscular). I'm a raw kind of guy meaning I can be pretty rough around the edges, but overall I'm a nice man and I love people. I quit eating wheat in August of 2014 due to an intolerance and haven't looked back for a second. I am at both an advantage and disadvantage to living a healthy lifestyle. First of all, I'm Italian. So I love food, pastas, breads, red meats, salty crunchy, etc. But for the good part, I also love all types of vegetables, and I very much believe in and love exercise. When I let my weight get out of control, I ran into a ton of neuromuscular and skeletal problems that prevented me from doing what I do and love best.... Playing basketball. My goal is to get back out there to the same physical level at which I was playing at when I was 18 or 19 years old.

I'm now on the hunt for the final push and my final thirty pounds; and I want everything to be working in my favor to get exactly what I want out of my body. Add me if you're looking to join movement.

Also I've noticed a large amount of self-entitlement on these community boards. If you're here to judge me or anyone else on this thread, kindly *kitten* (Update: flack) yourself and move on.

Replies

• OGJake12
    Options
    Since my story didn't do it, lets try some fun facts.
    1. I don't use microwaves... Except for when I do.
    2. I have dogs and I've taught them to talk in ways that are similar to humans.
    3. My greatest fear: being too great for the world to understand... And snakes.
    4. I have 71 pairs of sneakers.
  • curiouspeach
    curiouspeach Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh wow - your dogs talk?! That's adorable :smile: Mine just loaf around, demanding cuddles and treats...

I'm on the old move more and muscle up bit at the moment - very little weight to loose, but a squishy belly that needs to go! Very happy to provide some moral support if you need it. Feel free to add me.
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    holy balls, that's a lot of sneakers!
  • OGJake12
    Options
    Oh wow - your dogs talk?! That's adorable :smile: Mine just loaf around, demanding cuddles and treats...

I'm on the old move more and muscle up bit at the moment - very little weight to loose, but a squishy belly that needs to go! Very happy to provide some moral support if you need it. Feel free to add me.

Awesome. I added you.

Yes they do. And they are actually very demanding now. Haha

• OGJake12
    Options
    slittle80 wrote: »
    holy balls, that's a lot of sneakers!

Haha. Sneakers are my refuge.

• curiouspeach
    curiouspeach Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OGJake12 wrote: »

That's adorable :smile: How did you teach them?

My older boy has learned to tell me what he wants by putting his paw on different parts of my leg ( - back of the knee for a treat, front of my thigh to go outside etc), but that took months of training, and he's a pretty smart dog!
  • OGJake12
    Options
    OGJake12 wrote: »

That's adorable :smile: How did you teach them?

My older boy has learned to tell me what he wants by putting his paw on different parts of my leg ( - back of the knee for a treat, front of my thigh to go outside etc), but that took months of training, and he's a pretty smart dog!

Hahaha. Mine still do that. They can tend to get shy if other people are around. My boxer puppy (1.5 years now) is already a very vocal dog. So I kind of just kept giving him positive reinforcement with specific key phrases to encourage him and as a signal. The other dog (dachshund) caught on with it all.

How old are yours?
  • OGJake12
    Options
    Just made my profile public. Hoping that gets me some more activity.