100 pounds to gooo... holy crap :|

Options
2»

Replies

• surrealsd
    surrealsd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for the past month and using this, my Fitbit and the 21 Day Fix for nutrition and exercise I've lost 14 pounds out of the 150 I want to lose. I'm looking for others in the same boat of trying to lose a lot of weight. I know that feeling of stepping on the scale at the doctors office and having them move that 50 pound weight up higher than makes me happy. Feel free to add me for support!
  • judabakn
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. It's soooo overwhelming. I just joined MFP so have no idea how to send friend requests but would love to be able to talk to some people that understand. :)
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend I'm looking for people that have that much to lose also because I'm in the same boat
  • pamelatoews
    pamelatoews Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me could use people that have the same goal. I have about 180 pounds to loose to get to what doctors say is healthy
  • nicol150
    nicol150 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to have more friends added too! My first goal is 80 lbs!
  • lesliehblack
    lesliehblack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends. I am starting at just over 300 lbs. My first goal is 50...then 50 more...then we will see. I am excited to have lost 4 lbs. in the past 10 days. Let's do this! :D
  • lesliehblack
    lesliehblack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I created a group for women who need to lose 100+ lbs -- going to send you an invite!

Please add me to your group. Thanks!
  • Carey125
    Carey125 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just realized i have 120lbs to loose. Holy crow!!!! I have lost around 20 lbs since march of 2014 (why is it taking so long?) anyway guess its important to look how far i have come
  • officialmellis
    officialmellis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Here to lose over a hundred pounds too! :)
  • brideofsuperman
    brideofsuperman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Look at all these positive sources of support. This is why I love MFP!!! I started this journey in September 2014. I'm down 50lbs but still have another 100 to go. I am always looking for new friends. We can all do this. It's not the easiest or funniest thing to do but it can be done. And you never know what you will discover about yourself along the way :smile: I wish everyone the best of luck along their journey. One pound at a time. No need to focus on the gigantic picture here. Set weekly goals that are obtainable. Reward yourself with something other than food when you reach a goal. Small rewards for small goals, and big rewards for big goals. It amazing what one can do with the picture of the new purse she wants hanging on the bathroom mirror :wink: Never say "I can't"..even if you really can't. Say "I working towards being able to.." I am working towards being able to walk three miles in one day sounds much better than I can't walk three miles a day. Push yourself. Weight loss with take you out of your comfort zone (as that is the zone we got fat in). There are a TON of people on here who care and will help you in anyway they know how.
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started MFP at 275 pounds with a goal weight of around 150. Out of that 125 pounds, I've lost a little over 90 so far and have just under 35 to go. I would be happy to offer support to anyone who needs it, but I must warn you that I WILL read your food diary and I'll give it to you straight if you are self-sabotaging. Some people want friends who will only tell them what they want to hear rather than what they need to hear, and I'm not very good at fluffing people up like that.

If you really want this and are willing to put in the effort, you will absolutely get there! Good luck on your journey! :)
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    I had the same experience - when I was in my early 20s, I was 220. I was able to lose 100+ pounds. Now, even these many years later, I truly struggle with the constant discipline to keep the weight from creeping back. I know it's difficult; but no matter the amount of weight to be lost, it's a day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute struggle to stay strong. You can do it!