1-2 pounds week?

Options
I am 5'7, 105 pounds, male. This is quite underweight. Don't worry about my routine, I have that under control. I want advice on my diet and goals.

Goal: gain 8-16 pounds in 2 months (gat or muscle, I'm too skinny)
Maintenance calories: 2500(have been eating this for 3 weeks, same weight)
Daily goal calories: 3000 to 3500
Weekly goal: gain 1 to 2 pounds
Macros: 150 protein (minimum), 80 fat (minimum), rest carbs

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me.
  • rmyers14
    rmyers14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looks solid. I'd do the 500 cal increase for 2 Weekes and then see what you weigh. If you're still not gaining I'd up it another 500 cals.
  • ELiCiT23
    ELiCiT23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good macros. Seems good. Check out my transformation in the "success stories" section. I posted one of my meal plans for a day. Get a feel of the diet by checking it out.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I would shoot for one pound per week gain …anything over that and you may blow out the fat gain; I know that you said fat gain does not concern you now, but it may at the end of your process.

why so quick? Instead of two months why not do four..?

those are my own questions/points, everything else looks good…

• jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You could probably get away with considerably less protein.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Two pounds per week is going to be 1.75 pounds of fats mass added weekly, but hey, if your stats are correct and true, you could do with some added fat.
  • LipglossandLunges
    LipglossandLunges Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel like you don't need that much protein, 1g per pound is solid, you could go 1.2 and that'd be 126. Keep the carbs high.
    Sounds pretty solid, try a 500 surplus first and see where that gets you and then make changes as you see fit :)
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Two pounds per week is going to be 1.75 pounds of fats mass added weekly, but hey, if your stats are correct and true, you could do with some added fat.

A super-skinny teenage guy can probably pack on muscle upwards of a pound per week in the beginning, assuming that he lifts with some reasonable program. Still, two pounds per week sounds a bit much, but hey, you do as you see fit. Just remember that the faster you put on weight, the more fat you'll be packing as well. If you re-evaluate after two months, then it doesn't really matter. Eating way over will at least ensure that you are maximising your gains on that front.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I would shoot for one pound per week gain …anything over that and you may blow out the fat gain; I know that you said fat gain does not concern you now, but it may at the end of your process.

why so quick? Instead of two months why not do four..?

those are my own questions/points, everything else looks good…

I would go this route or even slightly less myself. Fat gain will happen, but for me I rather be bulking longer than cutting.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Drink Dairy Queen milkshakes. At least 700 calories each.
  • Glitch267
    Options
    Would 1-2 pounds be okay if my workout routine is starting strength? I need to progress each workout so I need the mass
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Glitch267 wrote: »
    Would 1-2 pounds be okay if my workout routine is starting strength? I need to progress each workout so I need the mass

given your starting weight, yes.

However, I would not shoot for more than two pounds per week...
  • Glitch267
    Options
    Also I am a former anorexic (been maintaining for a while now though)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Glitch267 wrote: »

I stick with 1 lb a week. Means you get to bulk longer :)
  • Glitch267
    Options
    Bump