Who can admit that they just need motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsdavis1014
    mrsdavis1014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sure you can definitely add me. When I feel like my day has been too packed with everything but exercise, at the end of the night I will do an at home work out DVD. After school and bad days at work you only want to relax when u get home. And WHAT I ABSOLUTELY DISLIKE ABOUT ME- I STRESS EAT
  • mrsdavis1014
    mrsdavis1014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've also realize that a lot of people will not work out for only 15-20 mins. We think go big or "stay home" If you have friended me I'm going to try to get us working at this.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Psst - if you click the 'quote' button under the post you're replying to, it will show up above your post, so it's clear who you are replying to.
  • chezie18
    chezie18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Actually, what really got me on the right path, a path I've been on for over a year, was admitting that I didn't meed motivation - I just needed to suck it up and do it.

Motivation is a fickle, changeable thing which can be fleeting, easily misdirected or lost. It means being enthusiastic and positively wanting to do something, which is great while it lasts, but what about when it goes?

I'm past relying on motivation. I'm not motivated, I'm committed... I'm determined... but most of all I'm resigned. I'm not excited and well keen to get heathy, I HAVE to do it. I NEED to do it. It isn't a passtime I can pick up and drop at will.

I'm not "motivated" to go to work in the morning. I do it because I have bills to pay, things I want to buy, a household to feed, a car to run and a lifestyle to sustain.

I'm not "motivated" to clean my house. I do it because I have a level of comfort to maintain, a desire to not live in dirty surroundings, a level of health I wish to keep up.

I don't clean the poop out of my cats litter tray because I'm "motivated". I do it because it stinks and is gross.

I don't make good choices with my food and haul my *kitten* out to go running because I'm "motivated". I do it because I have physical pain I want to lessen and/or avoid, a lifestyle I wish to attain/maintain, a level of health I want to keep up, and a desire not to live in substandard surroundings - in this case an unhealthy body.

I think that is what it takes to truly succeed. Put these changes in your necessity basket, stop making them optional :) Don't rely on motivation to do it because you want to - do it because you have to.

This! All of this! In fact, it's almost exactly the way I describe it to people! Motivation is a fickle companion. I find habit and determination to be better fitness buddies by far. Also, if I only did the things I was motivated to do, I would never get up before 10:00, rarely go to work, and, yes, my cats would be very disappointed in the condition of their litter box! :)

• chezie18
    chezie18 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I honestly never thought about it that way. That is a life changing perspective. Thanks for sharing
  • harmon_jessica
    harmon_jessica Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can admit I just need motivation. I am in that place of building new habits. Sometimes I just need a voice to remind me, hey you have time right now to work out, or, I know it's hard now, but it gets easier. I am committed to the rules I want to achieve, but am struggling with building habits to get me there. Add me if you need support and am willing to help support