Crave

Options
I always crave something bad after eating very nutritious meals, no matter what! Example.. I can eat a large salad loaded with veggies, protein, and a delicious balsamic/evoo dressing. For a drink, a large glass of water. I then want to have a handful of gummy bears or half a pop tart. Anyone else?

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Just eat what you like (in moderation) and make sure it fits into your calorie goals- that way you won't have the cravings. Works for me. Of course eating healthy is a good thing, but eating a half a pop tart isn't going to hurt you either every once in a while as long as you can fit it into your calories for the day.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Just eat what you like (in moderation) and make sure it fits into your calorie goals- that way you won't have the cravings. Works for me. Of course eating healthy is a good thing, but eating a half a pop tart isn't going to hurt you either every once in a while as long as you can fit it into your calories for the day.

Agree. Plus "healthy" is a) a subjective, ever-changing term that evolves with history, b) based on overall context and not individual items. I ate 3 pieces of chocolate tonight.
  • sarahpea86
    Options
    True. Both replies make sense. I just love that extra sweet at the end. I wish it could be fruit, but I always want something processed . Food addiction !
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I moderated 600 calories worth of Reese's mini cups into my intake today...hey, I was snowed in, and had a pretty good day aside from that!

No issue with throwing in those gummy bears into your intake. Moderation is key, and if you deprive yourself, that small amount of gummy bears may turn into the whole bag down the road because you deprived yourself.

Stop looking at food as "bad" or "processed". You can still have those items you want. Calories are calories, no matter where they come from!
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Some food set sugar cravings off for me like bread.