Is about to freak out.....

Options
Please don't get me wrong. I am not obese......but I am not in the shape I want to be in. I have trained constantly for the last two months. Followed a strict clean eating diet plan and totally reduced my alcohol intake. I have been taken clen tablets before exercising on a 8 week cycle. Until I broke my toes the other day I was muay thai fighting every other day and swimming every day.

And I have lost nothing. I don't even feel like I look different.

I am seriously considering lipo to get rid of the last little bits of fat on my stomach.

Please does anyone have any suggestions I could literally cry this morning.

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Diet pills don't work, but a caloric deficit does. Have you been weighing and logging all of your foods? And don't cry, you can do this!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds take a lot of patience, dedication and accurate calorie counting.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    The last few pounds take a lot of patience, dedication and accurate calorie counting.
    I agree. I've had to learn to have patience getting these last few kilos off.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Keep persevering you'll get there!
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i'd recommend weighing out your portions.....it could be you're under estimating what you're actually consuming.....i know i didn't start dropping the weight until i got the digital kitchen scale...lol. it made me think too.......damn if i eat this, that means i gotta weigh it first.....lol. mind control haha..
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Strict clean eating, daily exercise and no alcohol are all valid choices if they're the ones you want to make... but none of them will cause you to lose weight.

To lose weight, you have to eat at a calorie deficit, i.e. eat fewer calories than you burn.

Count your calories. It doesn't matter how "clean" you eat if you eat too much of it.
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I honestly am eating a calorie deficit every day. I am not even cheating the system. I also work out and use fit bit. Is lipo a really bad option do you think? Its really getting me down.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Have you considered strength training? Honestly, it sounds like what you want at this point is body recomposition, not to lose more weight.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are very difficult for many people simply because many people are sloppy at calorie counting.
    As you get down to the last few pounds to lose your deficit should only be 250 or so calories a day. And let's face it , most people are not that precise at weighing, use bad data, and slack off on logging. On the flip side, unless you have a consistent regiment to weigh yourself it is easy to not see a 1/2 lb a week loss on the scale.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Have you considered strength training? Honestly, it sounds like what you want at this point is body recomposition, not to lose more weight.

This this this ^

Lift heavy!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

This this this ^

Lift heavy!

Yes! Get started (doing what you can until your toes heal) and be consistent. It makes a huge difference. Honestly, I thought I'd be a "good candidate" for lipo several years ago because I was at a good weight, working out actively, etc., but I had little pockets of fat on the outside of each of my thighs. I HATED that I was working so hard and yet still hated to wear shorts. Then, I finally discovered lifting and have been doing it for a couple of years now. Those little fat pockets are GONE and I wear shorts proudly. Just give it a chance before taking any drastic surgical measures.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    liannexxx wrote: »
    Is lipo a really bad option do you think?

Only you can answer that for you.
    http://www.liposuction.com/good-candidate.html
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I honestly am eating a calorie deficit every day. I am not even cheating the system. I also work out and use fit bit. Is lipo a really bad option do you think? Its really getting me down.
    People who do lipo frequently find the fat pops back up in other, weird, locations if they ever gain weight again, because the fat cells were removed rom wherever you get the lipo. Personally, I would not be ok with that liklihood. So if I get lipo on my thighs, what if it pops up on my neck if I gain weight in the future?
    Everyone has choices to make, but to me, I'd rather take my time, do the work and be patient. 2 months is not a long time.

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Surgery is rarely a good option.

For some people -- those disfigured in accidents, with congenital defects, or those addressing specific medical problems -- it can be a godsend. But for MOST people doing plastic surgery for vanity purposes, their goals would be better accomplished through diet and exercise.

There aren't any shortcuts in life.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Clenbuterol? Seriously?
  • glevinso
    Options

Clenbuterol is cheating the system. Knock that *kitten* off.
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Honestly, lipo might not be the worst idea. Especially since it's just a small part of yourself you're unhappy with

You don't want to take advice from someone whose name is "gotobedhungry"
  • glevinso
    Options
    She might as well go with lipo and screw herself up even more. Illegal drugs don't seem to bother her so why not?
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

I looked at your photos, no doctor in their right mind would do lipo on you. You look great, maybe you have a body image problem.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Clenbuterol? Seriously?

I was wondering what that was.

OP, I suggest consulting a mental health professional about the possibility that you may have some body dysmorphia. You are using extreme measures like dangerous drugs and potentially surgery for what appears to be a miniscule issue. It's concerning.
This discussion has been closed.