Can't wait to see their reaction :)

Options
Swehl
Swehl Posts: 138 Member
So I live across the country from my entire family. I have not been home since November, and I'm going home this summer at some point. I'm down 19.75 pounds since March, and I'm hoping to be down 25 pounds by the time I go home. I'm super excited to see if anyone notices my weight loss :) Mind you, I'm 4'10'' so my weight loss shows differently than average sized women. I can't wait!!!

What are some reactions you all have experienced?

Replies

• MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    We are at just about the same point stat wise (and height!) so I know they will notice your loss! Especially if they havent seen you in a really long time.

I have been getting the "skinny" comments a lot lately. If only they knew I still have halfway to go! But I am definately loving it.
  • SueFromRI
    SueFromRI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I see from your ticker that you lost over 10% - that's the point where people start noticing. I have had friends see me and just said "Wow. You lost weight." (40 pounds in 6 months) My Sister-in-law's family snubbed me at the latest niece's birthday party. They range from severely overweight to morbidly obese. I didn't mention a diet or weight to them at all.
  • smdiegelman
    smdiegelman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just needed to comment so I could tell you how FREAKING ADORABLE you dog is!
  • Swehl
    Options
    We are at just about the same point stat wise (and height!) so I know they will notice your loss! Especially if they havent seen you in a really long time.

I have been getting the "skinny" comments a lot lately. If only they knew I still have halfway to go! But I am definately loving it.

What a nice thing to hear!! Good for you :)
  • Swehl
    Options
    I see from your ticker that you lost over 10% - that's the point where people start noticing. I have had friends see me and just said "Wow. You lost weight." (40 pounds in 6 months) My Sister-in-law's family snubbed me at the latest niece's birthday party. They range from severely overweight to morbidly obese. I didn't mention a diet or weight to them at all.

That's interesting! I didn't know that about after losing 10%. Now I'm really excited! Haha. My goodness -- how rude. Well good for you getting down :) 40 pounds in 6 months that's incredible!
  • Swehl
    Options
    I just needed to comment so I could tell you how FREAKING ADORABLE you dog is!

Thank you!!! He's my big baby :) He's a 10 month old bullmastiff.
  • kikacap
    kikacap Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh that'll be so fun! I went to my college alumni weekend after losing 130 pounds and jaws dropped... I mean with Facebook it's easy to see what people look like, but not everyone was out there Facebook stalking me, so their reactions were pretty amazing! Have fun!
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    They will be so surprised and proud!

From past experience, people don't notice my weight loss until I pass 30 pounds. So the ten percent comment sounds about right.
  • cupcake28
    cupcake28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    R excited for you xx they will notice and they will think u look amazing xx let us know how it goes xx
  • Swehl
    Options
    Oh that'll be so fun! I went to my college alumni weekend after losing 130 pounds and jaws dropped... I mean with Facebook it's easy to see what people look like, but not everyone was out there Facebook stalking me, so their reactions were pretty amazing! Have fun!

Oh my goodness!! That must've been amazing!!
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options

That's terrible that your sis-in-law's family snubbed you. If anything, they should look at you as an example on how to change their own lifestyle and maybe drop some pounds too. Btw, Congrats on your wt. loss!
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    So I live across the country from my entire family. I have not been home since November, and I'm going home this summer at some point. I'm down 19.75 pounds since March, and I'm hoping to be down 25 pounds by the time I go home. I'm super excited to see if anyone notices my weight loss :) Mind you, I'm 4'10'' so my weight loss shows differently than average sized women. I can't wait!!!

Great job! I'm sure your family will be quite proud of your achievement :)
  • Swehl
    Options

Great job! I'm sure your family will be quite proud of your achievement :)

Thank you!! I'm hoping I can get them interested in slimming down too. I come from a family which has always struggled with weight. I have to say your puppies are so stinkin' cute!!!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I was down about 30kg. My mum lives in another country, I had banned any photos of me on Facebook, being sent to her etc. I hadn't seen her in a year or so.

Walked into a packed restaurant to meet her. She burst into tears ahahahahahah shame