D-100 Deadline

Options
I've lost about 20 pounds in the last year - so I get that slow weight loss and developing a habit that I can maintain for a lifetime is the best way and I would have to agree 100%.

However now there is a bit of an issue - I received an invite from an ex-boyfriend for his wedding. The wedding where the b**** (who also was a dear friend of mine at one point in my life) he cheated on me with will be the bride. Unfortunately, despite all that happened, we have had to keep in touch over the years due to mutual friends in a decent size group of friends and also our families are all very close.

I have about 100 days until D-Day. Ideally, I would like to loose about 60 pounds by then (I'm currently at 187, I would like to be at 125). I probably won't be able to get down to my ideal number but I would like to get as close as possible. Any tips/ideas for this bit of crisis?

Replies

• LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ouch. I don't have advice about losing so much weight in a few months but in the month of Jan I've lost almost 10 lbs by tracking my calories and averaging 3 days a week at the gym doing cardio and light weight training. Any loss is great and even if you don't make 60 by then you'll be fitter. Or just not indulge the negative feelings within yourself being there may cause. Or use the negative feelings as motivation. It all depends on the type of person you are & what fuels you. Either way, I wish you luck on your weightloss journey!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well uh.. you know that you can decline right? Who would want to go to their ex's wedding to watch him/her marry an ex-friend?

And honestly I doubt you would be able to healthily and sanely lose even half your goal in just over 3 months. Maybe 20lbs unless you starve yourself. Just eat a reasonable calorie deficit and eat back exercise cals (50-75% is most rec'd).
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Well uh.. you know that you can decline right? Who would want to go to their ex's wedding to watch him/her marry an ex-friend?

This. Sorry but if an ex invited me to a wedding it's the person he cheated on me with, I'm not so sure the "decline" box would be quite big enough. I am sure there would be some very colorful language to express how much I decline the invitation.