Floppy/hanging bellies

Options
CynthiaT60
CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
We've got the great Big Belly thread; how about befores and afters of bellies that were hanging? Show me your improvement!

Replies

• tamikia87
    tamikia87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see some also
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would too. Scared its just gonna hang there when i lose
  • CynthiaT60
    Options
    Still interested. :)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 pounds down and my mommy belly is still hangin' around. Doesn't protrude like it did, but the little fold at the corners is still there. Hopefully 50 more pounds will get rid fo that!
  • SuzyMouse
    SuzyMouse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :( I had lost 33 pounds and I still had the hanging mommy belly (sad part is my baby is 10).....gained all that weight back. Hopefully this time I lose and keep it off then I could focus on crunches and core exercise.....hard to do those with the damn belly in the way LOL
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My post baby belly is my problem area. Have been eating better and exercising, hoping to see some improvement in 3 months time.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for something like this? From Big Belly to Big Success
  • CynthiaT60
    Options
    Really looking more for bellies that hang down, not just protruding.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My belly is a mess. I'm going to see if insurance will cover a panniculectomy for me if it doesn't get better. I already have some skin issues because of it. I would be 2 sizes smaller in jeans if I didn't have it.
  • CynthiaT60
    Options
    That's probably in my future as well. :| Hoping for inspiration from people who have had good luck reducing the "hanging".
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sorry, to add the same thing to this, but I do have a little bit of a hanging belly too. Mine is not too bad, I couldnt hide a cell phone under there or anything, but it definitely is not a flat tummy either. I lost a lot, 123 pounds and knew right from the beginning that I could have one.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If it's hanging, it's probably going to hang for good - save for the few genetically blessed ones.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Here is mine, not sure the whole "floppy" thing *shrug*:

zwe43c.jpg
  • mariposa2007
    Options
    Yeah, unfortunately it is something only surgery can truly fix.
    I lost 90 pounds and was at a BMI of 18% crazy skinny/active (125 @5'9") and I still had the hanging belly. Actually now that I've gained back 10 pounds it looks slightly less saggy, but still bulges over my pants when I sit down.

Loose skin from giving birth is extremely common, especially if you gained more than the recommended 20-35 pounds (I gained 70). Once those muscles are ripped like that, they cannot heal on their own.
  • CynthiaT60
    Options
    @randomtai Thanks! This is getting to what I mean. You've done great!! What have you been doing?
    @mariposa2007 Never been pregnant and my abdo muscles are pretty strong, but I've got the lower hanging thing going on (under the belly button).
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    CynthiaT60 wrote: »
    @randomtai Thanks! This is getting to what I mean. You've done great!! What have you been doing?
    @mariposa2007 Never been pregnant and my abdo muscles are pretty strong, but I've got the lower hanging thing going on (under the belly button).

Lifting weights mostly. Thanks :)
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    My belly is a mess. I'm going to see if insurance will cover a panniculectomy for me if it doesn't get better. I already have some skin issues because of it. I would be 2 sizes smaller in jeans if I didn't have it.

I had a panniculectomy April 2014, best thing I have ever done for myself!! I have ALWAYS been self conscious of my hanging tummy and it really affected me in so many ways. I went down 2 sizes after surgery. They removed 12.5 lbs! It was a must for me. I know its not for all, but it was worth every penny to me (insurance did not cover).

• jcurrie17
    jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my journey again after having my last baby May 2014. I had C-sections for all three of my babies. I'm hoping that getting back down to 150-160. From there I will decide how I feel about my belly. Surgery is an option for me but only once I'm back into my goal weight.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Here is mine, not sure the whole "floppy" thing *shrug*:

zwe43c.jpg

wow that's great! I'm in the process of trying to lose the flop! I have no idea what is going to happen!

• jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @randomthai you look fantastic. The hard work has paid off. Did it take 4 years to lose the belly and was it mainly lifting as your exercise?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!