Just want to feel better about myself

Options
growing up I was always the thin one, now 4 children later, food choices, and health reasons I am not where I want to be. All I want to do is be able to look in the mirror and not want to cry, my body not hurt as much, and be able to play with my children and not tell them mommy is tired and can't breathe. Due to limited on what excercises I am able to do, it has been super hard to lose weight. Started my goal and food diary yesterday. I am hoping to reach my goal and feel a lot better physically and mentally.

Replies

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP!

Weight loss is about 80% what is consumed much more than exercises.

Exercise helps with heart health, regulate glucose, & build muscles. So if exercises is a bit out of reach at the moment, you are not ill-fated to be overweight.

Be consistent in logging your food and review your entries. Pick one or two items to either phase out of your eating or swap out for healthier versions.

Take it one-day at a time. None of us became overweight over night so take your time to take the weight off.

Best of luck to you!
  • CRMDaveUK
    Options
    Well you've made the first step and started here so well done. Its difficult to fit things in and that must be very difficult with 4 kids.

Rather than thinking of out and out exercise think about things like, can i walk there, can i use the stairs etc, this really adds up.

Good luck with your goals

D