Kiwi's Weekly Weigh In - Week 6

Options
Hey all,

This week for me was a little bit of a disaster, lol. I thought I'd start trying to not calorie count (since I really don't want to do that my whole life) but it was a giant fail! I was a bit too permissive with serving sizes, treats, etc...making me realise how far I've got to go mentally before I'll be able to keep the weight off!

I've been slack with the exercise as well as I've been practicing for dance competitions in Australia...learning aerials with my sister so on the one hand, I've been tossing around 65kgs, but on the other hand, I haven't done much else cos I can't be sore going into an aerials session...

This weeks figure is 71.2, though yesterday it was 70.6 so I don't think all of it is actual gain from the week...? Who knows. Anyways, I am off to Australia for the weekend from tomorrow afternoon for a dancing weekend, so am taking that 'off' my diet, but I hope to still do pretty well as I'll be dancing HEAPS so hopefully the chocolate and alcohol are balanced out!

After this weekend I'm going to hit the healthy eating and exercise hard again, and hopefully will be back on a downwards slope by my birthday (end of June).

How did everyone else go this week?

Replies

• somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Greetings :)

I remember having a lot of permissiveness after I reached my goal weight in 2005. By the time the end of 2007 came around, I'd "permissioned" all 35kg back. So this time, I'm afraid, I'm not sure I trust myself not to keep a closer eye on portions and a daily allowance. Although I do think my attitude to my new lifestyle is different this time. But still. I'm terrified of putting it all back on again.

The dance competition sounds like fun--what type of dancing do you guys do? Have loads of fun in Aussie :)

Last week: 68.3kg
    This week: 68.1kg
    Almost at my first goal, and might consider a few more kgs, although I think 65kg is the lowest I'll go for my body frame. I'm inbetween sizes at the moment--the loose pants syndrome is driving me crazy and the next size is too tight (except in stretch skinny jeans, lol).

I'm eating biltong today, so I need to drink lots of water to prevent blowing up like a puffer, lol.
    Oh and I joined a gym and started adding some weight training. Arms are complaining today!

Have a good week, guys!!
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Been a bit "meh" last week. I don't think I completed a diary entry once.

Lost most of the week before last's gain, no scale change this week, bang on 77 still.

AF must be on the way sometime soon, surely. I should keep track of that better than I do...

Have my FILs 60th birthday party at our house this weekend.

Have been trying to get more fibre in lately, both kinds, but despite downing more fluids along with it, it's pretty much been making things worse. Gone from 2-3 times a week but smoothly, to 1x a week with effort.
    So going to ease up on that a bit I think, and take it back down to around 20g rather than 30.

Gonna try calorie cycling, this month, week on week off.
    With FILs party, this is off-week.
    Just make sure I get all my water.

Still just meh this week. i think it's the post-long-weekend funk.
  • sassyg
    Options
    although I think 65kg is the lowest I'll go for my body frame. I'm inbetween sizes at the moment--the loose pants syndrome is driving me crazy and the next size is too tight (except in stretch skinny jeans, lol).

I find the Amie brand jeans a really good fit for inbetween sizes. I think they're from farmers, and not cheap, but they're on TM a lot and I got these ones from SaveMart.
    I'm wearing a 14 in them, where a 14 in others are just a lil bit tight and a 16 too big.

at 165cm 65 would be as low as I'd go myself, too. I'm around 69-70 in my pic there.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Yeah... that "meh" feeling. Wish I could have stayed in bed this whole week, LOL. I hope the blah feeling passes for you, and that you have a great party :)

Heh. It took a good long while for my body to get used to more fibre. But it did eventually. And now I've started taking iron supplements again, which seriously puts spanner in those works, GAH!!

Thanks for the jeans tip--I've seriously got hardly any clothes left that fit properly... the post-goal shopping is going to make me wince. You look great in that pic :) I'm 169cm and 65-68kgs is the best for my frame... lower, and I won't have any butt left, LOL (I'm already heading towards A-cup country, darn it).
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    Hi All!!
    Havent weighed in - havent logged for a few days...

I am awaiting blood results back from the doctors... flew to palmy got really sick, covered in a rash and its possible i have glandular fever...... Feeeeeeling like crap!!!!

At mums for now to be looked after.
    Wont count/log etc.. until I am well again.

Well done all, you are all doing great. I think we all have off weeks/days!! lol we all need them! :)
  • sassyg
    Options
    Hope the glandular fever passes quickly!

No reason why you can't continue to eat *sensibly* while you recover. Logging is not necessary, but don't use illness as an excuse to undo all your hard work!

Feel Better Soon :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • sassyg
    Options
    (I'm already heading towards A-cup country, darn it).

LOL my boobs just don't change
    From about 14 years old I've been a 14D. I've ranged from around 59kg to about 84kg, more while pregnant, and despite all that, 2 kids, they've just never changed size. Not while pregnant or anything.

I don't know how much a boob weighs, but I figure its as good a reason as any to be a few kg higher than I "should" be!