Confused.com

Options
I am so confused about calories v exercise etc.

This week because I knew I was doing a walking marathon I ate 1400 instead of 120 calories on 3 occasions. Yesterday, what I logged did not even register on the graph as I had burned so much in exercise. So, today I have eaten 1456 to try and eat back some of yesterdays calories. I am currently 781 calories under for the week - new week starts tomorrow.

When I complete my log for today it says "if you continue like today you will weigh 136 pounds in 5 weeks" (I am 137 now) but if I pretend to have eaten all my calories for this week I get "if you continue like today you will weigh 144 pounds in 5 weeks" - how come?????

The help tab is no help at all and now I don't know what I am doing!! I have apparently put on 2lb this week too - was 135lb on Wednesday and now I am 137 but have not eaten 7000 calories over my allowance so how can that possibly be???

Thanks in advance, Wendy

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    When it says "if everyday were like today" it means if you ate that number of calories every single day for five weeks you would weigh that much.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    It gave you that message today because you went over your normal calorie allowance for today. It does not account for the week as a whole. :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    and your weight can fluctuate up to five pounds on any given day due to many factors such as sodium intake, exercise levels, sleep, stress, hormones.

Just keep entering your info and be patient. If you do the right things over time, you will lose weight. It is a matter of consistency.

Eat those calories burned by exercise - that is how this site is intended to be used.
  • twinkleton
    twinkleton Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Right - got it now! I just need to tweak my intake a bit so that I am not so under on a Saturday that it doesn't register as then it throws me off kilter - Thanks girls!!!!

:smile: