30 pounds so far....after battling pre eclampsia and HELLPS syndrome.

Options
I joined a few years ago and managed to lose a decent amount of weight and ended up pregnant, after 7 years of infertility treatments, procedures and shots. I gained little weight in the beginning but by 25 weeks I had gained 50 pounds. I was in a battle for my son, and my life. I developed pre-eclampsia and Hellps syndrome. My son was born weighing 2 pounds, on my birthday, and fought hard, including resuscitation a few times and lung surgery, and ventilation and chest tubes. Hes will be 2 and my motivation...my superhero. So far I have lost 30 pounds since starting again. I have a lot to go!! 28 pounds away from my first goal! I would love new, motivational friends. most of my current friends are now inactive.

aaa_zps2regcbzo.jpg

Replies

• daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    These pictures are of before ( bottom) and current (top).
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • AcctgChicka83
    AcctgChicka83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on weight loss!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! :smiley:
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Wow, you can really see the difference! Great job! You are setting a great example for your son.
  • steelerfan1967
    Options
    Awesome job ☺️
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    what a battle, what a great victory! feel MORE than welcome to add me! I'm a SAHM so I post a lot and am online a lot!
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    incredible, great job
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you and your son are healthy! I also gained weight during years of infertility treatment. I had full blown eclampsia and am also losing weight for my son (who is alive and healthy)! My bmi is finally healthy and my son is my biggest motivator in keeping it healthy.
  • thebaddplace
    thebaddplace Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey I had HELLP syndrome and a preemie baby too with my first son. Scary times! Glad you are feeling better and are on the road to fitness.
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had 2 premature babies now ages 27 and 24 with some of the same and some different issues. I have been on mfp for awhile but have recommitted and am actually sticking to it this time. Good job and good luck on your journey! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!