Diet Help. Ideas.

Options
I would love for someone to post a diet or two that I can follow... I'm having trouble finding one. I am better when I have something I need to follow. A plan. Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like to eat. Basically, you can lose weight by eating nothing but donuts and ice cream as long as you're in a calorie deficit, but that wouldn't be very healthy. What kinds of foods do you like? What do you hate?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    it's really not that kind of site - it's about finding your own way to your calorie count

but there are a million and one diets out there that you can choose to follow as a plan
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat everything, in moderation, at your deficit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Perfect diet for me
  • 0somuchbetter0
    edited January 2015
    Options
    She asked for a plan. It's ok to start with a plan if you're at a loss as to how to get going.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I like this plan! :D
  • musicbethany94
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    it's really not that kind of site - it's about finding your own way to your calorie count

but there are a million and one diets out there that you can choose to follow as a plan

It may not be what the site is for but the community is for all sorts of things... Like advice. Which is what I was looking for. Thanks anyway. :)
  • trippinonkittenheels
    Options
    What do you normally like to eat? What don't you like? If you post some of that, it would help us help you figure out something :)
  • musicbethany94
    Options
    Depends on what you like to eat. Basically, you can lose weight by eating nothing but donuts and ice cream as long as you're in a calorie deficit, but that wouldn't be very healthy. What kinds of foods do you like? What do you hate?

I actually don't have any foods I dislike. I love absolutely love vegetables, fruits everything like that. I've been eating extremely clean the past two weeks now, but it's getting boring, I thought I'd ask people what diets worked for them
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
  • Laurend224
    Options
    Eating less than you burn is what works, no matter what you chose to eat.

To answer your question, I am vegan, (I guess that's an eating plan, more of a lifestyle choice, really) but I didn't begin losing weight until I started counting calories.
  • musicbethany94
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

To answer your question, I am vegan, (I guess that's an eating plan, more of a lifestyle choice, really) but I didn't begin losing weight until I started counting calories.

Yes, I have started doing that this past week, staying around 1700. And working out 3-4 times a week.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options

I actually don't have any foods I dislike. I love absolutely love vegetables, fruits everything like that. I've been eating extremely clean the past two weeks now, but it's getting boring, I thought I'd ask people what diets worked for them

Great, then just go to amazon and search "Mediterranean diet." You'll find lots of cookbooks and diet plans, and the food is delicious. I got this one for my sister-in-law: amazon.com/Mediterranean-Diet-Beginners-Complete-Delicious/dp/1623151252/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422456896&sr=8-1&keywords=mediterranean+diet

But beware, just because you're eating healthier doesn't mean you'll automatically lose weight. If you're not at a calorie deficit, the weight won't come off. So you should still figure out how many calories you need to net to lose weight, and weigh and measure your food when you prepare it to make sure you're within that number.
  • musicbethany94
    Options

Great, then just go to amazon and search "Mediterranean diet." You'll find lots of cookbooks and diet plans, and the food is delicious. I got this one for my sister-in-law: amazon.com/Mediterranean-Diet-Beginners-Complete-Delicious/dp/1623151252/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422456896&sr=8-1&keywords=mediterranean+diet

But beware, just because you're eating healthier doesn't mean you'll automatically lose weight. If you're not at a calorie deficit, the weight won't come off. So you should still figure out how many calories you need to net to lose weight, and weigh and measure your food when you prepare it to make sure you're within that number.

How do I determine how many calories I need to set myself to?
  • Laurend224
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

Yes, I have started doing that this past week, staying around 1700. And working out 3-4 times a week.

Good plan! I really don't know, I've always resented plans that told me arbitrarily what I could and couldn't eat. I would get really bored. Have you checked out eatingwell.com, or some other sites like that for ideas? Coming up with new food ideas can be tough, I'm always looking up new recipes.

Good luck OP!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi Bethany. MFP can walk you through how many calories to eat. Just be sure to eat back at least a portion of your exercise calories as those aren't counted by MFP.

A lot of people on here prefer to always eat the same amount each day. If you want to do that, you'll need to figure out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and then eat 10% - 20% less than that. A good site is http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ I think he has some meal plans on there too.

I also recommend that you make some friends on here with open food diaries and peep what they eat. Not everyone's is full of "healthy" food, but it will give you an idea of how people fit their foods into their calorie allotments.

My diary is open, feel free to take a peek or send me a friend request.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i understand. you want to remove all the thinking around eating healthy. you want to have a plan to follow, basically to remove culpability from yourself, and when things don't work in your favor, you can just say "oh, the diet plan wasn't right for me."

good luck.
  • musicbethany94
    Options

How do I determine how many calories I need to set myself to?
    i understand. you want to remove all the thinking around eating healthy. you want to have a plan to follow, basically to remove culpability from yourself, and when things don't work in your favor, you can just say "oh, the diet plan wasn't right for me."

good luck.

good luck.

Thank you for your negativity.
  • musicbethany94
    Options
    Hi Bethany. MFP can walk you through how many calories to eat. Just be sure to eat back at least a portion of your exercise calories as those aren't counted by MFP.

A lot of people on here prefer to always eat the same amount each day. If you want to do that, you'll need to figure out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and then eat 10% - 20% less than that. A good site is http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ I think he has some meal plans on there too.

I also recommend that you make some friends on here with open food diaries and peep what they eat. Not everyone's is full of "healthy" food, but it will give you an idea of how people fit their foods into their calorie allotments.

My diary is open, feel free to take a peek or send me a friend request.

For sure thanks so much.