Do you take naps?

Options

Replies

• setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am up inbthe morning at 3am and normally font get back in bed at the earliest at 9:30. I also have a 14month& 2 month girls and I nap everyday as long as i can. Anything under 2 and I am sluggish and don't want to do anything. If I get 3hours i normally feel like superwoman lol. I get so much done and have tons of energy.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I LOVE naps. I seriously regret all the naps I only pretended to take when I was little.
  • johnglenn1973
    Options
    I LOVE naps. I seriously regret all the naps I only pretended to take when I was little.

Tell me about it, I tell my 3 year old all the time that he's going to miss these days when I ask him to take a nap :)
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I love a good nap but it causes me to not be able to fall asleep at night. Yesterday, I napped for about 1 hr and then couldn't fall asleep until almost 3am. :grumble:
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I nap constantly. I just woke up, in fact. If I stop moving, I'm asleep. I'm a human sloth. :yawn:
  • johnglenn1973
    Options
    I nap constantly. I just woke up, in fact. If I stop moving, I'm asleep. I'm a human sloth. :yawn:
    Nice!
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    CurvaciousBeautyToBe Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I tend to nap when I'm cranky.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I nap on the weekends for 2-3 hours a day if I can get away with it.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I'm with you there. Naps are probably my favorite thing in the world. Sometimes a nice hour or so after work, a couple hours after lunch on the weekends, or the best - get home from work at 5, nap until 9, have dinner and right back to bed!
  • mstrickland9
    mstrickland9 Posts: 102
    Options
    I nap for about 1-2 hours almost every day, it really refreshes my mind and gives me a fresh beginning to the rest of the day.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It's not natural not to nap. The only reason everyone doesn't nap every day is because of the daily GO-GO-GO rush we are in. We're supposed to be busy doing something from the minute we get up to the minute we go to bed. Are there any other animals that stay up for 14-18 hours and not nap? Probably not too many. Don't stores close in many European countries for a couple hours in the afternoon so people can have some "me" time? When out camping or vacationing on a tropical island, doesn't almost everyone nap sometime during the day? Remove ourselves from the daily grind and naps come easily and frequently.

A quick 30-45 min snooze on the couch all nice and cozy under a blanket is one of life's most enormously enjoyable simple pleasures.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Whenever the mood strikes me (which is to say a lot) and for as long as my body needs.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter I never took naps again :( I used to nap on the weekends.

I miss those days ...
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter I never took naps again :( I used to nap on the weekends.

I miss those days ...

I used to nap when my little guy napped (two hours in the afternoons). He only just gave them up at 5, so now I am mostly nap-free. It is as awful as it sounds, but we're sleeping in longer in the mornings!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I was sick last year and didn't sleep well. Since working out back at full capacity this year, I need an hour nap pretty much every day. It has not been effecting my night sleep, so it must be a necessary thing for me now. Healing occurs while sleeping, so I'm happy.
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    No, I don't like to sleep during the day
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It is very very rare that I will take a nap.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i usually nap for a couple hours when I can. It doesn't ruin my day. i loved napping.
  • Happy2Shop21
    Options
    I don’t take naps. If I got time to lean I got time to clean. ^_^
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If I take a long nap on the weekend, longer than 30 mins, then I wake up out of it. If I take a short 15-30 min one, I feel refreshed.

I'm the same way, anything longer than 30, I wake up even more tired