What is the best ios running app

Options
Howdy folks!

I currently have Runtastic (Free Version) on my iPhone but have realised that when I am running I stop or walk and Runtastic thinks I am still running thus giving me more calories.

Does anyone know what app is the best and will accurately tell me how many calories I have burnt off.

Thanks very much,

Ben :)

Replies

• benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Anyone please?
  • benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi,
    It's not the apps fault:-) Without a HRM attached the app relies on GPS data which is not always accurate... Look closely at your route after running and you'll see a fair few deviations. If you use a HRM calories burnt are based on heart rate... A much more accurate measurement when couple with your stats... Ie weight, age, V02 max etc

My sister swears by Nike plus and it seems to be fairly accurate.

Personally I use iCardio coupled with a HRM. Using a HRM gives a much more accurate calories burnt and also allows you to see if your working hard enough :-) The app allows you to track all your workouts too. Not just running.
    Also iCardio syncs with MFP:-)

Shaun.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I believe (based on the android version) that because when you stop to walk or tie your shoe or whatever, your pace falls, your calories will end up being "correct" in the long run. I always figure those things are way too high anyways.
  • gwoity
    gwoity Posts: 1
    Options
    I use strava, good tool, links to myfitnesspal, lots of challenges to join and lets you compete against others and/or yourself.