Prevent HRM strap from slipping? Polar FT7

Options
Does anyone ever experience this issue? I use a Polar FT7, and during really sweaty workouts (recently, my first C25K run, and last night on the treadmill when I was working it pretty hard), the chest strap must slip or something and lose connection, causing the watch to make a horrible shrill sound. On the C25K run, I never could fix it and had to take the battery out of the watch and reset it to get it to stop. Last night, I took it off and put it back on , but I was at home and not worried about pretty much removing my shirt in public.

I start off with it snug but not uncomfortably tight. Any ideas how I can prevent this?

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    If you're a woman, I put my bra over the band. If you're a man, I have no advice to offer besides making a little tighter.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I wear mine very snug and have never had it slip. Could you try wearing it under your bra?
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I do wear it under my bra - I guess I'll have to try going tighter. I've been using it for a year (okay, so I used it for a couple months last year, then quit working out, and have now used it again for almost a month...) but this weekend/yesterday was the first time I've ever had this problem.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I do wear it under my bra - I guess I'll have to try going tighter. I've been using it for a year (okay, so I used it for a couple months last year, then quit working out, and have now used it again for almost a month...) but this weekend/yesterday was the first time I've ever had this problem.

Yeah, you need to make it tighter. I've never had issues with mine slipping, especially if I put it under my bra.
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Are you washing it on a regular basis? I wash mine once a week. Perhaps it's not slipping as much as not reading your heart rate. The salt from sweat coats the sensor and if not removed regularly it can cause problems.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I wear mine tucked under my bra and make sure it is tight enough not to slip off. I have never had that problem even in the pool with my swimsuit on with it. Maybe make it tighter so it won't slip?
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    mochapygmy wrote: »
    Are you washing it on a regular basis? I wash mine once a week. Perhaps it's not slipping as much as not reading your heart rate. The salt from sweat coats the sensor and if not removed regularly it can cause problems.

Yeah, I take the sensor off the band and rinse everything after every workout.